Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many years growing up at home dad and I would go out with a light on Christmas eve, walk way back on the property and cut a natural fir tree, haul it home by hand and put it up in the corner. Then mom and all us kids would string home made decorations on it, all the cards would be used to fill in between the branches spaced one years growth apart, usually 8 - 10".

Many years growing up at home dad and I would go out with a light on Christmas eve, walk way back on the property and cut a natural fir tree, haul it home by hand and put it up in the corner. Then mom and all us kids would string home made decorations on it, all the cards would be used to fill in between the branches spaced one years growth apart, usually 8 - 10".

Yep we did too on the island.......tree's a bit sparce but I remember putting 32Volt Christmas lights on it.....we had two systems...32VDC with an ancient Delco crank start with 16 glass 2V batteries. The other was a modern 110V genset that would auto start the second you turned on a light........at least in the beginning....then that feature failed but I learned to make it go on Sat mornings so I could watch muh cartoons.......the very beginning of my engine thing......

Hey Jerry !!!

20191215_151650_hdr-jpg.780437

How many sticks of Hucksavarnia cut wood you see in this pic ?

Yep we did too on the island.......tree's a bit sparce but I remember putting 32Volt Christmas lights on it.....we had two systems...32VDC with an ancient Delco crank start with 16 glass 2V batteries. The other was a modern 110V genset that would auto start the second you turned on a light........at least in the beginning....then that feature failed but I learned to make it go on Sat mornings so I could watch muh cartoons.......the very beginning of my engine thing......

Funny thing was, we had thousands of trees but we never cut one ahead of time, had a big barn where we could have put on inside and have it dry, clear of snow etc but nope, cut er down and bring it in all wet and lots of snow on the branches. We made popcorn, strung it on a thread make a long rope, paint it silver and red, string cranberries also them they would be strung around the tree. Started getting glass ornaments when I was about 10.

White and quiet out there.

Yep....the same here this morning heading down to the pointy end of nowhere to work......no panic.....no one there before me...took the back way to nowhere......ended up at the old flooded Callahan Open Pit Mine site......all was pretty quiet all along there....

IMG_0580.jpg IMG_0581.jpg IMG_0582.jpg IMG_0583.jpg

Wow cantdog, thats beautiful.

Also completely other-worldly from here.
Here in australia, 9pm, outside in just a pair of shorts, it has dipped below 80f from a top of 97f today. Mid severe drought but with a break from the bushfire smoke.

Edit. Pic added for effect.
20191219_210733.jpg

This time of year that is supposed to be covered in grass starting to go to straw colour.

For your amusement, i took the pic to show the car, as a minute before when it pulled up directly across from me, i was standing at the back of my work truck, facing the road, going to the toilet... it is an "apple maps image collection" car for thier "street view" road maps.

Wow cantdog, thats beautiful.

Also completely other-worldly from here.
Here in australia, 9pm, outside in just a pair of shorts, it has dipped below 80f from a top of 97f today. Mid severe drought but with a break from the bushfire smoke.
Cantdog also has no poisonous snakes to contend with .... not one.

Latest posts

Back