Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the most fantastic things we saw on this trip happened on the way back to Marathon from Key West. We had just got on the Seven Mile Bridge which runs almost exactly parallel to the old, unused original railroad bridge, not far away, and first me and Scott noticed this pelican gliding 10-15 feet above the west side of the old bridge. He was going the same speed as us (55mph) and right even with the front of our rig and staying right there......the whole way across....neck and neck until we hit land on the other side.....pretty amazing right???? Well yeah...but the really amazing thing was he nevah flapped a wing...not even once.....just glided the whole 7 miles at 55mph.....!!! Effortless...…..

IMG_0752.JPG

Many of the really big birds can just glide once they are airborne, very efficient gliders,them. I once watched an adult eagle up at the lake glide as far as I could see him on a bright clear day, never flapped its wings once ,just rode the thermal uplift coming off the lake early morning.

15c5731940b246a27925052d85935258.jpg

I have said so much incredibly stupid things to so many people lately in this forum (and before that), how do I live with it?
Well.. I like to say I'm crazy, the psychologists diagnosis of schizophrenic just doesn't sound that great....

Times must be real tough for the site owners with this eco downturn you know , just look at this new downdated website , all they had musta been just enough pennies to hire some Chinee website designer from WooHoo province to design s site using HuxaCornaCovid19 software .

Boy it loads pics way faster than the old setup......not that it was slow but this is real fast!!!

I saw these masts sticking out of the water from a few miles away and went to investigate....about 2-3 miles from shore....water was 5 feet right there.....was 7 everywhere around there. She been down quite a while......you can just see the brown marine growth on her port side.......somebody had a bad day me thinks.....

Boy it loads pics way faster than the old setup......not that it was slow but this is real fast!!!

I saw these masts sticking out of the water from a few miles away and went to investigate....about 2-3 miles from shore....water was 5 feet right there.....was 7 everywhere around there. She been down quite a while......you can just see the brown marine growth on her port side.......somebody had a bad day me thinks.....

Only need to pump er out.

Only need to pump er out.
Probably...…..couldn't tell why she sank.....plastic boat and nothing but sand and some coral to ground out on.....nothing that would breach the hull. Perhaps she might have dropped her rudder and filled through the stuffing box....looked stripped of electricals. Seemed odd she would be there so long and someone or at least the Coast Guard wouldn't have towed her off to sink in deeper water or salvage her ashore...

Probably...…..couldn't tell why she sank.....plastic boat and nothing but sand and some coral to ground out on.....nothing that would breach the hull. Perhaps she might have dropped her rudder and filled through the stuffing box....looked stripped of electricals. Seemed odd she would be there so long and someone or at least the Coast Guard wouldn't have towed her off to sink in deeper water or salvage her ashore...

Doesn`t look like a difficult project to refloat it, been involved with two before and actually was quite easy all told. One even had a good size hull puncture that meranti plywood, mastic and canvas sealed up well enough to get it pumped out and moved to shore.

Back