Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But Jerry , he'd have to use 4 drops daily if he had 2 of them , free saws but the drops would be from the sporran you know !
Yes two drops is plenty......says right on it.....actually one would likely do as I doubt I could/would run for a day.....so one drop would probably Stihl be ovah kill..

Yes two drops is plenty......says right on it.....actually one would likely do as I doubt I could/would run for a day.....so one drop would probably Stihl be ovah kill..

Doesn`t take much, you could take a nap between the blocks dropping off a 6" dia. log....LOL
Oh yeah I can only imagine......any idea what the gear reduction is???
No, never really messed with it but its painfully slow, feels like 4:1 and the engine only turns around 4,000.RPM.

Doesn`t take much, you could take a nap between the blocks dropping off a 6" dia. log....LOL

No, never really messed with it but its painfully slow, feels like 4:1 and the engine only turns around 4,000.RPM.
I was guessing 2:1 just judging by the size of the gear case...….either way stihl wicked slow to start with then geared down for extra slow chain speed.....maybe put two bars on it for blocking 4"long firewood!!! That would double the output!!!

This saw came from the same guy (late) down on The Kingdom Road that I must go and buy his old Partner P100 from his widow. That looks to have had the same amount of use. Struck up a deal with her a while back but she usually goes to AZ for the winter.....guess she's back......come to find out my friend Joe was helping her clean out her garage an the DB was headed for the dump......he thought he'd do me a favor.....!!

This saw came from the same guy (late) down on The Kingdom Road that I must go and buy his old Partner P100 from his widow. That looks to have had the same amount of use. Struck up a deal with her a while back but she usually goes to AZ for the winter.....guess she's back......come to find out my friend Joe was helping her clean out her garage an the DB was headed for the dump......he thought he'd do me a favor.....!!
With friends like him! My 360 came to me along with 3 other Pioneer saws an older gent was packing er in bout 15 years back, he was getting rid of all his stuff and going to a retirement home. Did him a couple good deeds over the years so he thought of me with the saws, wanted to pay him for the saws but he wouldn`t have it. All his tools looked just like new, stored inside in a heated space, no rust or even paint damage on anything he owned. He also wanted me to come over to his place and load my truck with tools, all free, just couldn`t do that.

BR600 ... junk.
1d285d4103669d8ac076cb89bdc94f16.jpg
d7ef54bb8d4f9391f8356cffafde85cb.jpg
7b7b3301e7d3e083bc149163eba9c9a3.jpg
8f7109ebcebc5ff3d77602ca43e4c5e8.jpg

Pulled out my old 036 PRO, dusted it off and put a new fuel line in it. Filled the tank and gave it a few tugs, fired on the third with choke on, two pulls with choke off and it was running, had the tuning screwdriver handy but never touched the carb screws, idled perfect, revved up to WOT just like it should. Last run back in 2008, it was the first 036 I ever ported, so many saws arrived after that the poor old 036 just sat patiently waiting for its turn to see daylight again. What you think of that ,Jimmy.?

Back