Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as we don't get one of them polar vortexs ...
You're probably gonna cool down a bit......been just about freezing here all day.....5 above they sayin' for tonight and 11 tomorrow night......some wood will be burnt here......was 55, and sunny yesterday......they sayin' snow to start Tues. mornin'......then rain......then ending with snow....general **** storm....

Pulled out my old 036 PRO, dusted it off and put a new fuel line in it. Filled the tank and gave it a few tugs, fired on the third with choke on, two pulls with choke off and it was running, had the tuning screwdriver handy but never touched the carb screws, idled perfect, revved up to WOT just like it should. Last run back in 2008, it was the first 036 I ever ported, so many saws arrived after that the poor old 036 just sat patiently waiting for its turn to see daylight again. What you think of that ,Jimmy.?
I have nothing bad to say about an 036.. unlike an 026 they have a proper choke!

ec98d7f574505e453a9e3620c1ce9ce5.jpg

That`s no place to be dumping your broken up concrete Jimmy, there are proper places for landfill...:)
Pulled up on that the other day. I call local law e enforcement and blocked with strobe lights to avoid a collision. The owners came and loaded all of that in a 3/4 ton truck by hand. Busted the big bits with a 8lb hammer. The large dump truck left the gate unlatched and when shifting gears going up that grade the load moved. The non English speakers did not wait for law enforcement.

Pulled up on that the other day. I call local law e enforcement and blocked with strobe lights to avoid a collision. The owners came and loaded all of that in a 3/4 ton truck by hand. Busted the big bits with a 8lb hammer. The large dump truck left the gate unlatched and when shifting gears going up that grade the load moved. The non English speakers did not wait for law enforcement.
At least they didn`t leave the dump box in the upright position.

You heading pout to the island?
Not quite yet.....gonna blow this weekend. The Island issued a "stay away" statement to all non residents....long list of who could come and go and why......last sentence said "If you live further away than the Blue Hill Peninsular don't come"....I took that as a nod...LOL! But the reality is I'll go by my own boat and not see or interact anyone while there anyway. Mud season there and dirt roads in both directions so no road traffic. Gonna pull the Seaway out this weekend and get it ready.....registered it a couple weeks back. Gonna try next weekend...maybe 3-4 days if the weather cooperates. Have to set the staging back up and shingle the roof on the small camp I redid last fall......just has 30lb felt and strapping on it now.

Yep......I have some pretty nice, used windows that I need to refurbish......good insulated sash with combinations...just need some sill work...great for the camp. Also have one 5' X 32" clad insulated sash that originally was a casement but Ill lay it on it's side and build a new jamb/sill and put it on the south wall over the bench.

Kind of a raw day here....damp.....shop day. Been setting up to open a couple copper mines....done doing mill work for the time being I think. Put together some temporary feed and material handling benches today. Have a standing seam copper roof on a large copper bay window unit and also a 3' X 3" X 7' tall copper shower stall to create.......be working alone so self isolated way down on the pickked end nowhere.....keep me busy for awhile.....
IMG_0802.jpgIMG_0803.jpgIMG_0805.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Kind of a raw day here....damp.....shop day. Been setting up to open a couple copper mines....done doing mill work for the time being I think. Put together some temporary feed and material handling benches today. Have a standing seam copper roof on a large copper bay window unit and also a 3' X 3" X 7' tall copper shower stall to create.......be working alone so self isolated way down on the pickked end nowhere.....keep me busy for awhile.....
View attachment 808504View attachment 808505View attachment 808507
Nice shiny copper, solder sully it up some.

Yep......I have some pretty nice, used windows that I need to refurbish......good insulated sash with combinations...just need some sill work...great for the camp. Also have one 5' X 32" clad insulated sash that originally was a casement but Ill lay it on it's side and build a new jamb/sill and put it on the south wall over the bench.
For the shed I am just using a single pane fro older sliding glass windows, salvaged of course. Made up new sashes for them from this new composite decking materials, basically plastic of some sort that machines really nicely. Not intending on heating the building so single pane will let in the daylight on the SW side of the building and keep out the weather/rain and snow. All the exterior parts will be aluminum cladded anyway , outlast me.

Back