Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo Lover...I am gonna buy me a cs 400
I have limited experience with any thing other than Stihl 044 but that little Echo is easy to star LIGHT WEIGHT and even I can run it most of the day, and thats sayin a lot when your cutting Mesquite, which is more of a bush than a tree in AZ, anyway!

Governor delete. Love that one.
bb9aab8431ece608fed4b903862264a1.jpg

8 hrs in the Copper Mine today.....was mostly ovahcast so had to stick with it. Got back to the shop and the mail lady had delivered my new copper mining tools!!!

View attachment 844137
Who makes decent ones these days? Peterson were the best to be had but they are no more.

Who makes decent ones these days? Peterson were the best to be had but they are no more.
Those are "Vice Grip" brand made by Irwin......they're pretty good and hold up well. Those get legs pretty often if you're not watching......bought a half dozen Home Depot "Husky" brand clones a couple jobs ago.....they don't get legs...they suck...the points almost bypass each other....Junk....

Those are "Vice Grip" brand made by Irwin......they're pretty good and hold up well. Those get legs pretty often if you're not watching......bought a half dozen Home Depot "Husky" brand clones a couple jobs ago.....they don't get legs...they suck...the points almost bypass each other....Junk....
This I know, my stock of Petersons are getting low, many sets have walked away on the many different jobsites I work on these days. It has got to the point I won`t take my remaining 6 -7 pairs to work at all so would like to find usable replacements that will likely walk off on their own. Will look for Irwin, have seen that brand around here before but not used them yet.

William S. Peterson invented the "Vice Grip" brand locking pliers in 1924......so they are the same as the Irwin brand......I mean as much as anything is the same as it was even 20 yrs ago. But "Vice Grip" brand is stihl the best locking pliers I've ever owned. Everything else is just junk....

William S. Peterson invented the "Vice Grip" brand locking pliers in 1924......so they are the same as the Irwin brand......I mean as much as anything is the same as it was even 20 yrs ago. But "Vice Grip" brand is stihl the best locking pliers I've ever owned. Everything else is just junk....

My dad had an original set from 1930, he passed them on to me, I keep them close, they never leave home. I had more than 17 sets at one time, all the derivatives of curved, straight and needle nose jaws, even the big loop sets for welding. The numbers have dropped some, to around 6-7 pairs I can put my hands on easily. I will try out a few sets of Irwin. Can get them in Burnside from our industrial supplier.

Hey Bobby nice to see ya!! How’s things?
Trying to stay outta trouble and away from the city pukes. Found a few isolated ponds no humans have been to in 40 years since the 70s.
Been fighting the good fight on Twitter and Facebook until I can get to Panama or Costa Rica for back discs. Crazy sister I law has fathers house captured and waiting for her to croak from Hep C. Dumb **** won't treat it cuz she's a jehovah's witness. Alky too...Heinekens.
So really same ole same ole.
Stay strong Brother. The War is at hand. Love yah!

Suppah last Friday night at Camp on the Island..........mmmmmmmmm!!!!

Those red things are Jonsereds payments from my friend Lincoln......(how appropriate!!)........Brocc is our own garden fresh.......Swordfish was bought just as it was cut from the body of the whole fish.....dayum fresh dinnah me thinks!!!

IMG_1024.jpg

8 hrs in the Copper Mine today.....was mostly ovahcast so had to stick with it. Got back to the shop and the mail lady had delivered my new copper mining tools!!!

View attachment 844137
No Lobstaaring.......
Howdy Bra! Stay loose....Strange days indeed.....most peculiar Momma!

Have one under the drivers side in the Chevy Truck! lol Dont leave home without it!

Back