Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fired up the 044 again tonight just to hear it purr. Set the idle on the 415, boy I like that saw. Going to have to find a new way of storing my saws in the shop. Running out of shelf space. I was thinking of the upright log from floor to ceiling with the plunge cut for every saw. Be a good way to show them and keep them out of the way when I have woodworking projects going on. Boy I need a bigger building, got a feeling it still would never be enough space.

Wonder how Jerry is faring.

What a bunch of slackers, a guy goes off on a trip and the thread falls back onto the 2 nd page. LOL. ...Doing great out here, got all the way up to Oregon
, drove the full length of the Avenue of Giants along the Eel River, walked among them and took lots of picts. Was back to San Fran by midnight.
Pioneerguy600

Ok I am here....I got the 026 running...dang that thing is loud.. doesnt cut too bad either. It came with a safety chain so that will have to go. I will make some videos...the only wood I have handy it a 12 or so inch Hickory.

Jerry glad to see you checking in. See what an important part of this thread you are.

We have been busy here.

been alittle dead around here the last couple days! hard to bs when no one is around!

HELLO??

Why dont my saw run right?

173006d1298166983-021911191059-jpg
This is a saw I bought on ebay...said it needed carb work.

I wonder why?

[]This is a saw I bought on ebay...said it needed carb work.

I wonder why?[/QUOTE]

Because the carbs missing !!

hi ron and thanks again. got the case and tools today. got the case cleaned up and got the bottom end in letting the hondabond 4 setup now. got to get a leak tester and a clutch tool yet.

hi ron and thanks again. got the case and tools today. got the case cleaned up and got the bottom end in letting the hondabond 4 setup now. got to get a leak tester and a clutch tool yet.

If you sealed propery you wont need to test it..
notice on the clutch you will find a cutout/groove MADE to use a drift and hammer on to tighten/ loosen the clutch.
when you get saw running hit the chain break,with the force of the clutch suddenly stopping it finishes the tightening..3 or 4 times should finish it
those are the two most common sizes used on saws,does %90 of what you will come accross..the hondabond will also seal the cyl to the base if you dont want to use a gasket..havent seen a 350 yet that needed a base gasket..
have fun :)

Jb welded the tank vent shut...I guess the nipple broke off. I will have to come up with something to make it work.

Jb welded the tank vent shut...I guess the nipple broke off. I will have to come up with something to make it work.

Soldering iron will soften it,just be carefull.or try a heatgun..carefully..then scrape enuf to find the hole and drill it out again.
or gind it till you see the outline of the hole and drill.
tank vents easy,lots of threads..
fuel line and a duckbill in end,grub screw in end,ceramic vent in end,etc..
seen a lot of creative solutions to tank vent problems..
find a junker with a tank vent hose and end,pull it and drill proper size hole and use that..

Hey guys, good morning to all. Husky sucks. Wasn't able to get on here last night and I'll be out most of the day. Just picked up two little ones last night.

Hey Jim...missed you last night. Did I just say that?

Back to the shop today...hopefully have 290 mostly done.

Well I see ole Randy woke up from hibernation, all that snow up his way chased him into a cave for the winter. LOL
Well I see you slackers at least put up some effort to keep this thread alive with a moderate amount of Husky bashing and sucky posts.
The weather is so nice out here I might just stay and become a Street Person" BUM" and live care free.
Jerry

Hello everybody. Just got in, had a supermarket low temp system go down toady, made for a good twelve hour day. Hey Ron, don't rush anything. I just found a 017 and a 029 for $75 bucks cash toady. The only problem with the 029 is a broken sprocket. Still might need it though, but if someone comes along and wants it, don't worry about saving it for me. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Cliff.

Well,ok,,got the carb on and saw running..
when i work on these things i get this redish haze in front of my eyes i hate em so bad..
rebuilt carb and it dont seem to hold a tune..
turn saw on it's sides and no change so dont suspect seals.
STIHL SUCKS !!
maybe i can get $100 for it on ebay ??

Well I see ole Randy woke up from hibernation, all that snow up his way chased him into a cave for the winter. LOL
Well I see you slackers at least put up some effort to keep this thread alive with a moderate amount of Husky bashing and sucky posts.
The weather is so nice out here I might just stay and become a Street Person" BUM" and live care free.
Jerry
Sorry Jerry
I should have warned you about that area and now you are wearing pink and green tied-dyed clothes.

Jerry you dont want to live out there.....come to Texas if you want somewhere nice to live.

9 degrees above 0 one day and a week later 70 plus.

I will never attempt to weld a Stihl muffler agian. I tried to mod the 210 muffler, that sucker is thin or made out of something I dont understand.

I got the 5400 all cleaned up for Barneyrb, I sorta hate to see her go, but I am so looking forward to my 440 he has fixed up for me.

I am going to post some video of my 026 cutting. Be kind, I never said I knew what I was doing.

Latest posts

Back