Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're having a good time out there Jerry, post when you can, we'll almost miss you and all of your Husky bashing. Question for everyone here, I picked up a compression tester today (HF version, please don't beat me to death about that one) and checked that cs8000. It only has 110 pounds cold, I know it's not terrrible, but it could be a lot better. What do you guys think I should do? My wife is selling it, should I swap rings in it before it goes?

Glad you're having a good time out there Jerry, post when you can, we'll almost miss you and all of your Husky bashing. Question for everyone here, I picked up a compression tester today (HF version, please don't beat me to death about that one) and checked that cs8000. It only has 110 pounds cold, I know it's not terrrible, but it could be a lot better. What do you guys think I should do? My wife is selling it, should I swap rings in it before it goes?

First thing to do is take the saw someplace like a shop that has a known good tester and see what it reads on thiers,then you will have a better idea how far yours is off.

First thing to do is take the saw someplace like a shop that has a known good tester and see what it reads on thiers,then you will have a better idea how far yours is off.

Or.....if you question your gauge check it against a know air supply, like a quality air compressor with accurate gauges. Check it at different pressure settings too. My T-30 Ingersol runs 175 lbs at the tank and is regulated down from there. That always tells me if there is something wrong or not with a tester. I have also tested several compression testers at once from a single air supply to check each reading against each other as well as my supply gauges. Just another way of doing it without depending on the accuracy of someone elses tester. Generally I've found little difference, perhaps 4-5 lbs variation in diferent testers of varying quality. If there is much difference it is usually by large amount. (Junk) Just my $0.02 worth.

Oh and don't use any tester on the Stihls as it will seem as though it's not working at all.......LOLOL

Or.....if you question your gauge check it against a know air supply, like a quality air compressor with accurate gauges. Check it at different pressure settings too. My T-30 Ingersol runs 175 lbs at the tank and is regulated down from there. That always tells me if there is something wrong or not with a tester. I have also tested several compression testers at once from a single air supply to check each reading against each other as well as my supply gauges. Just another way of doing it without depending on the accuracy of someone elses tester. Generally I've found little difference, perhaps 4-5 lbs variation in diferent testers of varying quality. If there is much difference it is usually by large amount. (Junk) Just my $0.02 worth.

Oh and don't use any tester on the Stihls as it will seem as though it's not working at all.......LOLOL

Your BAD man ! if those stihls had any compression the ladies wouldnt be able to pull them over :)

I wouldnt check one on any of my four air compressors,i think the guages are of lesser quality than the cheap compression testor ones :(
i went to a shop that had what supposed to be a high quality guage and had them check a saw,then screwed mine in and found it almost 10lbs low.. with that as a referance i add 10lbs now..

you gonna stop by this weekend and make me an offer on those Jred's ?? :)

That's good to know. I did not realize the HF ones were that far off. I guess it would go with most other things from there, although I have gotten some decent stuff from there every now and then.

Your BAD man ! if those stihls had any compression the ladies wouldnt be able to pull them over :)

I wouldnt check one on any of my four air compressors,i think the guages are of lesser quality than the cheap compression testor ones :(
i went to a shop that had what supposed to be a high quality guage and had them check a saw,then screwed mine in and found it almost 10lbs low.. with that as a referance i add 10lbs now..

you gonna stop by this weekend and make me an offer on those Jred's ?? :)

LOL and I thought they came up with the "easy start" for that.....LOL

That way will work too...as long as you know what the difference is you're all set.

What models Jreds did you end up with? As I remember the pics were a tad fuzzy...and hard to tell what was what..

LOL and I thought they came up with the "easy start" for that.....LOL

That way will work too...as long as you know what the difference is you're all set.

What models Jreds did you end up with? As I remember the pics were a tad fuzzy...and hard to tell what was what..

Fuzzy ?? i listed what they were ..in the picture even :)
well,in my PJ's with the pink kitty cat's and blue puppy dogs on em and my bunny slippers on so aint goin down to the shop to look now !!

you know your in maine when a plaid wool shirt is acceptable church garb :)

you know your from maine when a roll of duct tape and flat black spray paint will get your car to pass inspection :)

Just watched a Ax Men re-run, I love that show, even though they put so much drama and bs into it that it reminds me of pro wrestling at times, I still watch it. Even make the wife watch it now and then.

Jimdad,, put the rebuilt carb on the creamsickle tonite.
just as a customer pulled in with a husky and an old mac 610.
got them going and then he pulled out a case of beer ..
so the saw didnt get started :)

Ok I am not staying up late tonight...I need a hot shower some cough meds and some sleep

Hello everybody. Just got in, had a supermarket low temp system go down toady, made for a good twelve hour day. Hey Ron, don't rush anything. I just found a 017 and a 029 for $75 bucks cash toady. The only problem with the 029 is a broken sprocket. Still might need it though, but if someone comes along and wants it, don't worry about saving it for me. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Cliff.

Allergies suck. Did you see I'm gonna pick up an 029 and an 017 for $75 this weekend? Not a bad deal. My wife found someone who cleans out garages and basements and gets to keep the stuff he pulls out. He ends up selling the power tools and saws real cheap. She's starting to get things rolling fairly decently.
How is the new position treating you?

Latest posts

Back