Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Busy day today......tractor was not interested in starting....had to bring out my own personal jet engine and blow 150,000 btu of K1 heat on it for a half hour or so. Cleared the shop yard of all the new snow.....the mail lady showed up with two pkgs.....1 smelled good..... the other......not so much...but it did look to be intact and buildable.....it's OK.... Mikey likes the smell...he's used to it....thanks again you guys...

Then down in the woods to beat my ice road down..then back to the 24" maple that had to go....nice and straight...tall....grew up with others so no limbs until the very top.....was able to drop it right along side my main ice road.....perfect....wood was nice...processed (fit and split) one pickup load of small (12 long) limb wood for the cookstove...forward out and dump in the truck. Have to finish the main stem tomorrow....little better than a cord in that tree I estimate...top was nice and dry.....some in the cookstove as I type....burning hot....

In THIS wx i'm surprised YOU got started !! :)

Busy day today......tractor was not interested in starting....had to bring out my own personal jet engine and blow 150,000 btu of K1 heat on it for a half hour or so. Cleared the shop yard of all the new snow.....the mail lady showed up with two pkgs.....1 smelled good..... the other......not so much...but it did look to be intact and buildable.....it's OK.... Mikey likes the smell...he's used to it....thanks again you guys...

Then down in the woods to beat my ice road down..then back to the 24" maple that had to go....nice and straight...tall....grew up with others so no limbs until the very top.....was able to drop it right along side my main ice road.....perfect....wood was nice...processed (fit and split) one pickup load of small (12 long) limb wood for the cookstove...forward out and dump in the truck. Have to finish the main stem tomorrow....little better than a cord in that tree I estimate...top was nice and dry.....some in the cookstove as I type....burning hot....

Learning is good....painful at times...but as long as we learn we are gaining...we all should and can be learning all the time....no one knows everything... LOL!! I use to have a guy working on my crew....hell of a good guy...fresh V-nam vet....I was boss...he was a laborer....I'd tell him something..he'd look at me and say "You know.......you don't know it ALL.....I know a little bit"....in his "before Tim Sample Maine accent" ...LOLOLOL!!! Gil was good folk....we had a blast....

Good for you he liked you .. :)

In a safety class on Slips Trips and Falls....

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes
I hated them safety classes ! 8 hr class every year,once a week class,safety contacts every day ! 40 hr. class every 5 yrs. Look out if someone got a scratch ! The whole world was ending ! A cut OMG !!!

I sure don't miss that **** !!

It was pretty nice up here yesterday.....got up to around 20F.....sunny....good afternoon to work in the woods....I get jump started every day....Hoss has his needs which are my chores and can't be ignored.....plus he be waiting for his apple......gets me going...after that.....I find other stuff to do...

Latest posts

Back