Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning All.............site moves on......one positive thing from this latest "dust up" is someone at least paid attention enough to what was said that we are getting posted updates of things done and what to expect in the near term........that in itself is a HUGE piece of progress.......biggest I've seen my whole time on here!! Used to be we would suddenly get a whole format/site change with no warning or explanation....not a peep...etc. etc......now was that so hard??? .Hmmmmm maybe, just maybe all us freeloaders (members) aren't being taken for granted.......right now.......
Robin, how much snow do you have up there? Maybe more Sunday night.

I was gonna work on my spark plug vacuum adapter

Tryin to decide whether to break as much of the porcelain out as I can then grind it and the collar off

Or to chuck it in the lathe and turn the collar off

Adam I've made a few and I just slam from the cylinder side with a 3lb hammer and punch. Normally less time then chucking it in the lathe. Then a 3/8 pipe thread grabs the lip you are fixing to turn off and will thread in. If I had another barb fitting I'd make a video and show you....very easy.

Sent from my MiniMac running E-85!!

I was gonna work on my spark plug vacuum adapter

Tryin to decide whether to break as much of the porcelain out as I can then grind it and the collar off

Or to chuck it in the lathe and turn the collar off

you know you can buy them at the parts store for a couple bucks called air hold fittings for changing valve seals

you know you can buy them at the parts store for a couple bucks called air hold fittings for changing valve seals
Yes you can but the fittings required to adapt them to a vac gun are cumbersome, basically need an airline chuck adapted down to a small line in the 1/8" dia range. I much prefer the hose barb fitting, I can easily make 4 in an hour while drinking a couple of beers. They are no where as complicated to do as Adam is making them seem to be.

Yes you can but the fittings required to adapt them to a vac gun are cumbersome, basically need an airline chuck adapted down to a small line in the 1/8" dia range. I much prefer the hose barb fitting, I can easily make 4 in an hour while drinking a couple of beers. They are no where as complicated to do as Adam is making them seem to be.
that is what I have an 1/8 or 3/16 hose barb in it no reducers

This what I came up with.......

e9epe4yd.jpg

Drilled and tapped

Didn't have no jb weld at the shop so I used epoxy

Don't think there is a chance in hell of it leaking!

Can always make another!

Back