Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you enjoyed your trip South! Good to see you got back safely.
Ya glad everything went well travel wise as well. A place like that really makes ya appreciate what we have. Not a lot going on there let me tell ya. All the workers on the resort work 6 days a week. They have to stay at the resort for those 6 days and for their 1 day off they catch a bus back home. Talked too and met alot of great people

Did you say hi to my brother , I've been told that he's there for some sun as well .

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

Where abouts was your brother staying Dan?

Most of the locals sure have it rough there, the ones that work at the resorts are considered lucky to have a full time job, even though they get paid a low wage. Cuba and Jamica both have a low standard of living but the ones with a steady job like the resort workers can actually own a house through their countries assist program.

I believe that. I never heard 1 of the workers complain about their job. Only heard one of them say he could see his son more.

Just makes me appreciate my life/job for sure.

Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things now. Heard were suppose to get some freezing rain tonight

Yeah, a big mess coming overnight and through most of tomorrow, things may get slippery.
Probably so.....just let the dog back in.....dark out still.....he "Woofed" to come in as usual when he's done his morning errands.....he was covered in sleet/ice pellets..all stuck in his fur.....I don't wanna look....

Suppose to be 3 degrees Celsius here with overcast this afternoon.

Should be enough to melt the rest of the freezing rain we had the other day anyways.

Shaping up to be a real nice weekend.....might just run a few saws....gotta buck up the collateral damage from the popple harverst and get that home before the wood pirates discover the pile......

The wood pirates are already out and about I tell ya, Thurs evening I made a unscheduled trip up to the new subdivision we are building the first new house on and caught two guys , same two I sent away last summer, looking over a building lot that we just cut off. The wood is just piled up on both sides of the lot, the brush has been burned so the wood is easy to see and get to. They sheeplishly claimed they were going to leave a note saying they would clear off future lots if the owners were interested. I told him the lots belong to the developer and that he builds turn key homes, the lots are not sold to the general public, that is a little different than a lot of subdivisions are done.

Our wood pirates would never think about cutting up and stealing the logs you have stacked up for future use. No they wait till you have it cut splint and covered and you're gone for the weekend, then they come and steal it. I don't remember anyone ever getting caught or prosecuted. I've never had it happen to me, I've got a 1/2 truck of logs that never made it to the mill no problem. Usually happens to part time residents, maybe the other part time residents are taking it to town to put in their fireplaces or selling it.

They are brazen up here Chris, they would take it any where they find it. I know a guy very well, just lives up the street from me, that had a small woodyard where he cut,split and sold wood, he only sold delivered wood . He had a gate across the access road where his wood was kept and stored but that didn`t stop the pirates. They stole wood constantly and then one rainy night they stole his one ton dump truck, loaded it with firewood and then hooked the wood splitter to the truck and drove off. The police found the truck about a month later, totally stripped of all removable parts. It had a newly replaced diesel engine and the rest of the truck was near mint. He gave up after that and closed out his wood business.

Well didn't run any saws today as I assumed.......did a bunch of stuff with Hoss. Then went to the shop and got an old welder running a guy gave me a year or so ago......the selector was froze up....took that apart and cured that problem quite a while back but couldn't test it due to plug issues...cured that today.....she welded nice and smooth for a buzz box.....burnt a full stick of 1/8" rod right to the end with no duty cycle issues....good steady power. Stripped it down after that for a new coat of primer and then red paint...perhaps do that tomorrow.....ugly rig...was in a boatyard.... sat around on a damp dirt floor with a lot of salt around.....I think it's gonna work fine for the shop.....hate dragging the one from home to do something at the shop...my kinda price too!!!! Good basic rig... always liked the tombstone Lincolns.....been watching for a AC/DC/DC-neg tombstone.......thought they would be for sale everywhere cheep once everyone bought into the wire feeders.....nope.... the used ones I see still sell for near what they cost new.....ain't doing that.....

g-Meu2ChDF4t0aisEieX-YAiZUqCRrIcjNh2UR_6VpseKUkmj_a29crnZFaodSUlALdC=w917-h805-no

I ran a saw today :happybanana:

Back