Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a 254 tank. i'm pretty sure it's in good shape. looks pretty good for being stuffed in the roots of a big stump for god knows how long :laugh:

My buddy picked this up a couple days ago. at bare minimum it would need the clutch side case either repaired around the Av mount or replaced, the case gasket replaced(leaking bar oil all over), and a piston. the locator pin for the brake handle is missing also along with the smallest spring but everything else is here. It started and runs but the piston is starting to score and is visibly blackened under the rings. it is still holding 140 psi at this point so I would imagine the cylinder is still in usable condition. its leaking air at the base gasket that's as far as I took the vac/pressure test though. He will trade for similar value pro saw projects (he needs some 066/660 & 084 parts) or make a cash offer if you like. here's a couple of pics
IMG_20140308_221634383_zps41fb69c5.jpg

IMG_20140308_221643950_zps9955f21d.jpg

IMG_20140308_155946404_HDR_zps268ba366.jpg

thanks for checking !

I thought that the 261 or 262 had a different handle than the 254/257 but I've definitely been wrong before.

i have a 254 tank. i'm pretty sure it's in good shape. looks pretty good for being stuffed in the roots of a big stump for god knows how long :laugh:

The 254 and 257 tanks are completely different from the 261 and 262. The 261/262 tanks have a large spring mount up front and two spring mounts or rubber mounts in the rear. The 154/254/257 tanks use four rubber mounts like the 51/55.

Bryan- my 262 tank has a small repair on the clutch side from chain slap. It's not the best looking tank, but it would work fine.

need 056 #1108 400 0800 sem ign., #1115 400 1208 flywheel. people have said they have them only to never hear from again. heres hoping :) thanks for handle jacob j :D

Seems like that's the usual story on the SEM modules. If all else fails, try a dealer if you have a decent one anywhere near you. The module was still an available part the last time I checked with one of the better dealers in my area. 'Bout $100, tho. Flywheel should be much easier to find from someone on the side (and a lot cheaper!)

Seems like that's the usual story on the SEM modules. If all else fails, try a dealer if you have a decent one anywhere near you. The module was still an available part the last time I checked with one of the better dealers in my area. 'Bout $100, tho. Flywheel should be much easier to find from someone on the side (and a lot cheaper!)
dealer can get ign. flywheel no one seems to have this. talking to man across pond who has one

dealer can get ign. flywheel no one seems to have this. talking to man across pond who has one

Weird. You'd think with all the dead 056's out there due to the module failure there'd be plenty of flywheels floating around. Go figure. Good luck with yours. I have one still in need of a module myself. And no, you can't have the flywheel!

Cheers.

Weird. You'd think with all the dead 056's out there due to the module failure there'd be plenty of flywheels floating around. Go figure. Good luck with yours. I have one still in need of a module myself. And no, you can't have the flywheel!

Cheers.
you must be psychic !!:cry:

The 254 and 257 tanks are completely different from the 261 and 262. The 261/262 tanks have a large spring mount up front and two spring mounts or rubber mounts in the rear. The 154/254/257 tanks use four rubber mounts like the 51/55.

Bryan- my 262 tank has a small repair on the clutch side from chain slap. It's not the best looking tank, but it would work fine.
I guess that it might depend on whether you are building a work saw or a factory correct saw, I have 254 tanks on a 261 and 262, they have the same crankcase but they changed tank styles.

Looking for an air filter cover for a Remington SL4. Please PM if you can help out.

Thanks in advance,
MP5N

I have a half wrap you can have if you want it. The full wraps are hard to come by.
Thanks JJ , but a friend just called me , found a new half wrap for me ! Didn't think I would ever see a full anywhere , unless its on a saw ! LOL
I may hit you up later if you stihl have it , trying to build a 920 also. But going to be a while on that ! Just found a few more parts for it , stihl need a jug !

Latest posts

Back