Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 McCulloch Powermac 610's 1 runs like a champ never lets me down. I have owned it for 10 years and always starts. The other did run but now it pulls the rope out of your hand when you try to start it. It does fire. I think there is something wrong with the timing. From what I have read about it. They both are identicle saws 20 inch bars. I am interested in a dolmar saw around the same size as these. I would like to trade these 2 for something. Let me know what you got. I dont know what these saws are worth if anybody has an idea let me know. View attachment 152341

View attachment 152342

View attachment 152343

View attachment 152344

Need a full wrap for 394xp

Would like a full wrap for my saw. I have green and decent plastics for a 394 to trade.

Need 090 Case/crank, have 056MagII, Contra case crank

I've been trying to piece together an 090 and just about have the whole saw except that I realized that the case and crank I have which are from a Lightning/Contra won't work to build an 090. If you have a case and crank for me, I have available my lucky yard sale find - an 056AV Mag II an 94CC 6.8HP saw. It's a little beat up and missing the air filter cover but after I cleaned out the carb and fuel tank it fired right up and appears to run well. The down side is that it has a leaking JB weld on the oil tank. The upside is that it has the more reliable SEM ignition.

If the 056 doesn't float your boat, I also have my Contra case/crank in good condition with new bearings, an 066 ignition and an old style 066 case that needs new bearings up for grabs. Or cash....

I really want to get this saw put together and cutting wood instead of tying up my workbench. Don't let me get so desperate that I have to order an aftermarket case from Baileys;)

In need of the following for a 2171 Johnny Red:

brake handle
handle bar
muffler (not that big of a deal)

The handle bar and brake handle differ from their huskies equivalents, the brake handle is black (I tried one off a 372 and it looks really goofy) and the handle bar has a different style mount on the tank and has a black wrap.

I really want to get this saw put together and cutting wood instead of tying up my workbench. Don't let me get so desperate that I have to order an aftermarket case from Baileys;)

I don't have an extra 090 case, but I'm really interested in buying your Contra case. I have a Contra Lightning Super that I'm building and the flywheel case half has a big crack right down the middle of it.

I've been trying to piece together an 090 and just about have the whole saw except that I realized that the case and crank I have which are from a Lightning/Contra won't work to build an 090. If you have a case and crank for me, I have available my lucky yard sale find - an 056AV Mag II an 94CC 6.8HP saw. It's a little beat up and missing the air filter cover but after I cleaned out the carb and fuel tank it fired right up and appears to run well. The down side is that it has a leaking JB weld on the oil tank. The upside is that it has the more reliable SEM ignition.

If the 056 doesn't float your boat, I also have my Contra case/crank in good condition with new bearings, an 066 ignition and an old style 066 case that needs new bearings up for grabs. Or cash....

I don't have an extra 090 case, but I'm really interested in buying your Contra case. I have a Contra Lightning Super that I'm building and the flywheel case half has a big crack right down the middle of it.

Think we can workout something for all.
PM you Dalton, have a 090 case/crank for ya!

garage cleanup/swap

i need to clean out the garage a little, and hopefully get some needed parts. i have lots of parts saws, a couple project saws and some b&c.

things i need directly below:
pioneer p38 - clutch cover with brake, and the plastic recoil engagement piece, and gas cap.
echo 750 - clutch cover in good condition
stihl 026 - plastics, clutch cover, b/c
stihl 038 - newer 20" or larger 3/8 .50 bar and chain trade for 30" dolmar bar and chain (nos). there is a couple of rust spots on the chain and bar, but will clean up with some elbow grease.

things for trade below:
p.m with info or pic request or price request. most of these saws in the pictures i will ship for 20- 35, i just need to get rid of this stuff. local guys are welcome.
there's a dolmar 116, david bradley 917-60004 newer b/c , pro mac 700, pioneer ra roller nose bar in decent shape, homelite c-72, mall 2mg in an apple crate with no p/c but great b/c, a pile of good homelite xl engines/ parts, and the others i'm sure you can make out.
chainsaws1061.jpg
chainsaws1041.jpg
chainsaws1001.jpg

Last edited:
i need to clean out the garage a little, and hopefully get some needed parts. i have lots of parts saws, a couple project saws and some b&c.
things i need:
pioneer p38 - clutch cover with brake, and the plastic recoil engagement piece, and gas cap.
echo 750 - clutch cover in good condition
stihl 026 - plastics, clutch cover, b/c
stihl 038 - newer 20" or larger 3/8 .50 bar and chain trade for 30" dolmar bar and chain (nos). there is a couple of rust spots on the chain and bar, but will clean up with some elbow grease.
p.m with info or pic request or price request. most of these saws i will ship for 20- 35, i just need to get rid of this stuff. local guys are welcome.
there's a dolmar 116, david bradley 917-60004 newer b/c , pro mac 700, pioneer ra roller nose bar in decent shape, homelite c-72, mall 2mg in an apple crate with no p/c but great b/c, a pile of good homelite xl engines/ parts, and the others i'm sure you can make out.
chainsaws1061.jpg
chainsaws1041.jpg
chainsaws1001.jpg

PM sent on the 2 stihls.

Try unscrewing it. I've never seen a modern Stihl coil with the wire molded in. Someone may have epoxied it, but Stihl has never used a coil in a modern saw (like the 064) that had the coil wire molded into the body of the coil.

Thanks Jacob, I will check that out tomorrow.

It does make me wonder, because the wire was pretty much being held on with electrical tape, so it might have been "worked over" Seems like lately I have been getting abunch of rigged saws come across the bench.

Back