Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably have one. Need anything else 700 related?
I'll check after a couple more cups of coffee.

No that's all. This saw is mint. Still has the original bar and chain.Not sure why the switch is missing.
Let me know what you need for it. Thanks !!

Diesels!!!!!!

Girl, please. The Cummins is still the best and easiest to get along with. But they are way ahead of the current Ford offering, and getting closer to the Cummins. It probably, well OK is, the best powertrain, but its the Allison vs. whatever that puts them way out front.

Whats everyone got to say about my three 1985 Mitsubishi 2.3 Turbo diesel Dodge 4x4 D50's????????????????? 750,000 miles on one!

Duane

Diesel, well fellas, some of you guys know Im a GM tech and I have a bit of experiance with the duramax and allison. I think the 6.6 is a great engine, maybe not the best. And the allison is a awesome trans, but I have swung a few, so maybe not the best. But when you pair them together they make a ALMOST unbeatable team. I think the cummins makes awesome power, but is just to loud. And even though I have a stang and grew up wrenching on a fleet off blue oval ponies, there diesel is a POWERjoke not stroke. I might be wrong, but I heard in GM tech school that the reason IHC stopped making Ford diesel was emissions, ford didn't want to pay the R&D to make it cleaner, IHC said screw you, so ford was left holding the ball. Every generation of Isuzu 6.6 was for emissions, in 2002 there was a split mid year, VIN 1 or 2. Cause all the 2002 models built before 1-1-02 didn't have to comply. Well I can ramble a bit too much so Ill stop. Happy Sawing fellas.

Thought this was posted last night, so to not let my work go to waste: ;)

.... GM eventually won the diesel pickup wars.....

Um, with all due-respect, Jimbo,

:bang:

Since when did GM offer a Mechanical injected Cummins motor??? :poke:

.... to design their engine for them just like Ford and Chrysler had done long before with IHC and Cummins.
Jimbo

Yes, while GM DID have Isusu 'design' the 6.6 Duramax for them, The IH (6.9, 7.3, 7.3T, not-so-much-with-the-6.0 ;) ) were NOT just Ford motors, they were more-or-less grafted to the truck chassis...with a few changes... course, the 6.7 & 6.4 are Ford specifics...

The Cummins was basically unchanged, and a bus, freightliner, etc can be directly swapped into a Dodge truck... (alternator/charging might need work...) but other than that, they are the same...

Girl, please. The Cummins is still the best and easiest to get along with. But they (GM) are way ahead of the current Ford offering, and getting closer to the Cummins. It probably, well OK is, the best powertrain, but its the Allison vs. whatever that puts them way out front.

:laugh:

ask ANYONE that works on (real)diesels for a living, inline is the ONLY configuration that makes sense... for labor, COST of parts, and ease of overhauling...

only IF your speaking of automatics... The NV4500, NV5600, and G56 are fantastic gearboxes. HEADS above the ZF in the ford....

course, if ya wanna put a Cummins in a 98 f-350, then we have no argument :)

I will say, the Duramax is QUIET... :msp_rolleyes: BUT, last time I checked, sound deadening works good:augh:, AND the REASON diesel's have grown to be SO paticular (AND expensive) are DIRECT contributors to why they are quiet:

Back to the regularly scheduled program...

I'm looking for a 257-261-262 crank, or a good complete crankcase-lower end...

have STUFF to trade...

J

Last edited:
Needing a few things.

08S
throttle trigger
B&C

Ya'll just need ta ask for the things... you ask for EVERYTHING else, that I DON'T have :bang: :laugh: :poke:

Looking for a very clean Stihl branded 16" bar. .325 x .050

Got lots of other new bars and stuff to trade.

I got a NEW stihl .063 .325 ??... from what i've seen (may be limited...) I've NOT seen .050 OEM stihl .325 bars around...this area anyway??

:confused:

I got a NEW stihl .063 .325 ??... from what i've seen (may be limited...) I've NOT seen .050 OEM stihl .325 bars around...this area anyway??

:confused:

It must be an area thing, Jay.....Here they look at you like you have a 3rd eye if you ask about .063, especially in .325.....For the stihls, it's .325 x .050 all the way.

It must be an area thing, Jay.....Here they look at you like you have a 3rd eye if you ask about .063, especially in .325.....For the stihls, it's .325 x .050 all the way.

Yup. It's the only gauge .325 you can buy at the dealers here.

Yup. It's the only gauge .325 you can buy at the dealers here.

Hmm. .325 in .050 is common here on the lesser knowns, in .058 on the Huskaroos, and .063 on Stihls. I don't think I've seen an 026 or 260 without it unless its running 3/8's. .050 is coming now on the little Huskys, on the new ones I've seen.

Seen a 49sp with a 20" bar in .050, a .063 3/8 chain on a .325 driver, and no, it was not the correct bar for the saw as it had a 176 mount.:msp_scared:

Thank you very much! The jug cleaned up just fine.But that 100.00 piston just sucks! LOL

Glad the jug cleaned up well. You use muriatic acid and sandpaper? As for the piston, you might want to contact Dandikrop on fleabay. He doesn't have anything listed as an aftermarket 211 piston, but previously I gave him most of the specs and he wanted to know the distance from the top of the piston to the connecting rod, to see if he had something to match up - I never took it apart to get him a measurement. I'll see if I still have the e-mail to send ya.

Latest posts

Back