Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I hate to grind half the life of a chain off it to make a play chain. I don't want any stihl as that stuff is hard on files.

Anybody collect Pioneer?

I have a 79 or 80 pioneer farmsaw in pretty good shape cosmeticly but every time I try to start it gas floods out of the carb. I bought a newer stihl and would be interested in trading this for an older stihl or maybe chisel chain for my new one.

Does it have to be LGX? I think I might have some LG or maybe even some Carlton chisel if that will work.

Lg would probably work too. It doesn't have a ramped drive link in front of the raker does it? The oregon is a little softer so it's easier to work with.

Are you looking to set up an 031/032 with points?

I have a VERY low use 031 here that someone tried to do a Stihl electronic trigger on it. Sadly, they used the wrong one, and mounted it like 40 degrees retarded. Amazingly enough, the saw actually starts. It is a TOTAL botch job (particularly where they ground a chunk of the case off to mount the trigger.) I have the right trigger, but not the (NLA) bracket to mount it. I actually like points, so I just want to get everything inside the points box and the wires, and convert it back to what it is supposed to be. I also have a points 032 here, minus the airbox lid and air deflector plate. I'd like to find a flywheel to cut up and make the points tool since it is NLA. That 032 runs fairly well, but I don't dare run it long without the air deflector. Kinda like running a car without the rad shroud I think. I'd be interested in a pair of chainbrake covers too.

Back