Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need hard to find choke slide for Stihl S10 top handle model.

This is for my neighbors saw he inherited from his Dad. I've had it about 3 years and he is anxious to get it back. He didn't want me to jerry rig the choke so I've been waiting to find 1 of these, it goes on top of the S10 top handle model, looks like a black plastic switch, that slides backward and forward. I believe its called the choke slide. If anyone has 1, let me know what you would want for it.
I have a Jonsered Turbo filter-topcover fits the 2159 and an Poulan pro 295 clutch cover, I do not need, both in very good condition other then some modest scratches.

24" bars,3) 3/8 .058 gauge bars Stihl 026-ms660, 1) K095 (smaller Husky,Dolmar etc.)

All are Oregon powermatch + bars. The K095 is new-old stock all original .058 gauge 84 drive link.
The other 3 were originally D009, but I had them milled to fit Stihls.
After the holes were milled out, they become 83 drivelink bars on Stihl vs 84 original, so you would need to cut your own chains or have some one else shorten or cut chains to 83 drive links. 2 of the Stihl mount have never been used, the other I run about 1/2 hour or a little longer on an 042 and it worked fine. The chain I used on the 042 is the only loop I have that size, I think its semi chisel. If you have some 058 gauge chain to use up on Stihls, these may interest you.I have a bit of .058 gauge milling chain I could spare and possibly a strap of RS.
Most of my saw comrads use Stihl RM so I'd trade for new chain,RM or semi chisel in a favored brand, just about any size from .050 3/8 picco and in between (.325) to 3/8 .058 or New or slightly used Stihl mount bars in 3/8 .050 ga.. I collect parts for Stihl projects also from 026 to 066. Might be interested in log splitter parts also. Would like to find a deal on an 13 gpm 2 stage haldex/barnes w/ coupler to 6.5 Honda motor. I have the new model Fiskars splitter with the long handle on my wish list also.

Im looking for an older big saw. 80cc and up needing little to no work. Ive got a bunch of wood to cut up and need something more. Would love to find a good Homelite or Mac. Nothing to trade, just $$. Thanks.

Sorry if this isnt a good place to post this since this is a trading thread. Im needing a big saw pretty bad and figured might have luck in this thread. I will delete if I need to.

Last edited:
I'm doing a 371K to 372XP conversion. I've sourced most everything but a couple of the 'oddball' items and hate to have to get them new at the dealer.

I need the air filter elbow and the air conductor from a 372XP. I've got lots of stuff to trade.

Jimbo

whats the part number ron and i'll see if i can macth one up here and see if i got one.and i forgot to ask whats the model number of the saw?

Dont know the part number :(
If it looks like the picture with the two bolt holes offset like that and the bulge out the bottom front it is the rite one.
it is the ONLY one i have seen like this..
tnx for looking,let me know..

i have the spring and aluminum angle adapter shown in your 'attachment 184094' but NOT the filter element aka "the pinched off fire hose". they're yours if you can use them. just PM me an address.
looks just like the set up on my bantam, which also had the carter carb.

since i'm here . . .
for a husky 365sp i need:
air cleaner
a/c elbow/adapter
choke lever

Last edited:
Need:

Husky 55 cylinder (already bought the piston)

Partner 500/5000 coil (prefer blue) or three

441 cylinder, muffler, brake handle

12mm 044 crank

What do you need?

i have the spring and aluminum angle adapter shown in your 'attachment 184094' but NOT the filter element aka "the pinched off fire hose". they're yours if you can use them. just PM me an address.
looks just like the set up on my bantam, which also had the carter carb.

since i'm here . . .
for a husky 365sp i need:
air cleaner
a/c elbow/adapter
choke lever

PM sent.

But, I have no Husky parts :cry:

I have 10 Oregon 91 chains. Eight of which are VS or VX and the other two are VG that just have guards. They are all .050 56dl 16" 3/8 pitch low profile. Bout half of them are ready to cut with and the other half need sharpening.
DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0806.jpg

I would really like a pretty nice Stihl 015L, but could use a hand forged cant hook, or a set of heavy duty felling dogs for a 371xp, or some 36"x32" denim overalls, or just ask i'll trade on about anything. I also have a 350 Husky in great shape I'll throw in if someone has a pretty nice Stihl 015L their willing to part with. :msp_thumbsup:

Dont know the part number :(
If it looks like the picture with the two bolt holes offset like that and the bulge out the bottom front it is the rite one.
it is the ONLY one i have seen like this..
tnx for looking,let me know..

well ron i lookled and didn't find anything but i'll keep looking and see what i can come up with.i might have something around the shop someplace that will fit it maybe.

I'm doing a 371K to 372XP conversion. I've sourced most everything but a couple of the 'oddball' items and hate to have to get them new at the dealer.

I need the air filter elbow and the air conductor from a 372XP. I've got lots of stuff to trade.

Jimbo

Just got a filter elbow so now lacking only the air conductor (the thing Stihl calls a 'segment'). With any luck the cylinder will clean up. Just have to wait and see when it gets here. $45 is cheap enuff to part it out if I lose interest anyway :D

I think the 385 chain brake system is the same; have not verified that by P/N just yet. I know the brake handle is the same. I'm hoping 'cause I've got 3 complete brake assy's from 385's.

Jimbo

Latest posts

Back