Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a 385xp project saw to trade off. its missing clutch cover,starter recoil. i dont know whats wrong with it it was part of a package deal. im looking for 440/460 372 395 parts.

What happened with the job interview today? :confused:

:dunno:

Round here, they NEVER tell you ANYTHING on the 1st interview :(

But, I was told 'we'd be having another conversation...'

so, we'll see... I'm hopeful and it looks promising. Pay is decent, and office is VERY laid back (I was told to interview in JEANS! :laugh: )

:dunno:

Round here, they NEVER tell you ANYTHING on the 1st interview :(

But, I was told 'we'd be having another conversation...'

so, we'll see... I'm hopeful and it looks promising. Pay is decent, and office is VERY laid back (I was told to interview in JEANS! :laugh: )

What is your profession that you have to do first and second interviews? They usually hire fry cooks on the spot. :msp_tongue:

What is your profession that you have to do first and second interviews? They usually hire fry cooks on the spot. :msp_tongue:

OUCH! :check:

LOL... I guess there ain't nuff peoples in Iowa to do more than one interview, huh? :poke:

honestly, they saw the burns on my hands and asked what happened, so I told them I went to rinse the oil off the edges of the fryolator, and the fry baskets, and I didn't know you shouldn't get a quart of water in the fryolator...

so they told me " thank you, and we'll be in touch..."

That's a good thing, right??? :monkey:

OUCH! :check:

LOL... I guess there ain't nuff peoples in Iowa to do more than one interview, huh? :poke:

honestly, they saw the burns on my hands and asked what happened, so I told them I went to rinse the oil off the edges of the fryolator, and the fry baskets, and I didn't know you shouldn't get a quart of water in the fryolator...

so they told me " thank you, and we'll be in touch..."

That's a good thing, right??? :monkey:

True story- I once was a manager for Hardees. One of the cooks had cleaned the fry vats and was carrying the grease out to the pit. It was supposed to be a two man job and both were supposed to wear special aprons. This guy managed to spill about 2 gals of oil on the bottom of his legs. The oil was probably still above 300° as we cooked at 350° and he had just turned the burners off and strained the oil. He came back inside and worked until we finished. He didn't tell anyone what had happened and it wasn't unusual to see someone with wet pants from the water hoses. The ambulance came and took him, and he ended up with two skin grafts. The guy was a great employee. He wasn't the brightest, but he came to work and you didn't have to tell what to do or check to see that it was done correctly. The guy never complained about the pain; I don't know how!!
Back to your regularly scheduled programming-J, if you need a reference, someone where will vouch for you.....just remember, many companies are now doing social network background checks prior to hiring.

A good reason to not buy aftermarket carb. kits

I bought a carb. kit that was aftermarket. I installed it and tried to crank the saw. When it did not fire after a few pulls I primed it. It fired and briefly. Then nothing. I removed the carb. and no fuel on either side of the carb. I tried again with the same results. I checked the fuel line, filter and impluse. Everything was as it should be, but still no fuel. Finally I dug-up the old pump diaphram and did a comparsion. The results is an extra hole in the new one and there was a vent in the carb. cover over the extra hole. Put the old diaphram back in. Problem solved. TomView attachment 188884

If someone will open this picture for me I would appreciate it. Tom

I bought a carb. kit that was aftermarket. I installed it and tried to crank the saw. When it did not fire after a few pulls I primed it. It fired and briefly. Then nothing. I removed the carb. and no fuel on either side of the carb. I tried again with the same results. I checked the fuel line, filter and impluse. Everything was as it should be, but still no fuel. Finally I dug-up the old pump diaphram and did a comparsion. The results is an extra hole in the new one and there was a vent in the carb. cover over the extra hole. Put the old diaphram back in. Problem solved. TomView attachment 188884

Actually, that "extra hole" is supposed to be there. Some of the WJ carbs have an extra fuel inlet passage where that extra hole is. You need to make sure the prefix number of the carb kit is correct for your model of carb so that you get the correct diaphragms. Some of the Walbro WJ carb kits come with both of those diaphragms.

If someone will open this picture for me I would appreciate it. Tom

A lot of saws and trimmers run on aftermarket carb kits. If the OEM ones were so much better, we never would have to change them out. As was said, there are very similar kits and they do not interchange.

Tom, I hope this works.

188884d1309308398-ebay-002-jpg

Tom, I hope this works.

188884d1309308398-ebay-002-jpg
[/QUOTE

Thanks for opening the pictures. Someday I will learn to do that.
That was the only pump diaphram in the kit and that hole let the impluse vent out the hole in the cover. That kit was listed for the carb. on the 064. Tom

Back