Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ah ok i know a lot of stores that get packing peanuts in.but i always thought they would move a round and let the items fall to the bottom of the box.but i can get some pretty big boxes of them from a few stores that gets them in.they just trow them i trash if they don't use them.i'll go and ask them tomarrow if i can have them before they go in the trash.

Packing peanuts do settle during shipping, and you need to either bag the peanuts, and/or wrap the saw/parts.

andydodgegeek

andydodgegeek

The stool maker
Husqvarna 77 parts

Any one have Husqvarna 77 parts? I need a muffler, some handle bar rubber mounts, maybe some decals. I am rebuilding my dads 77 he bought when I was a kid. It was hanging from a rafter in a barn for about 10 years and was extremely dirty. I got it all cleaned up now just need a few items to finish it. I want to make it look real good and suprise my dad by giving it back to him. PM me if anyone knows anything about the parts I need. Thanks.

SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bought a Remington SL-11A in VG+ cosmetic condition on eBay for a great BIN price. The seller removed handle and the b&c, dropped the saw in a box, dropped in the handle and the b&c, dropped in the misc fasteners (loose), put one piece of tape on each end of the box, & didn't tape over the handhold flaps. No padding whatsoever. To make matters worse the paint on Remington chainsaws will peel & flake if you look at it wrong.

That totally SUCKS...

I have a similar experience, but might be a bit more costly...

bought almost 100lbs of saw stuff (good parts saws..) seller loaded them in TWO boxes, with little packing material...

out of 6 good cyl, 4 of them are missing fins :angry: 2 broken crankcases, 1 flywheel, 1 coil...

AND, because the SELLER PAID for the shipping ( out of the $$$ I sent him) and he doesn't feel like going through the claims process (although I did 90% of it for him) I'm not ONLY out the saw parts/$$ paid, but the INSURANCE coverage cost :angry: :msp_mad:

He sold all his saw stuff and now into guns. He's been posting a bunch of new video's lately on youtube about all these new guns he's been buying.

Wait, didn't I say that?? :poke:

Hi Will.

o8f150

o8f150

Tree Freak
I bought a Remington SL-11A in VG+ cosmetic condition on eBay for a great BIN price. The seller removed handle and the b&c, dropped the saw in a box, dropped in the handle and the b&c, dropped in the misc fasteners (loose), put one piece of tape on each end of the box, & didn't tape over the handhold flaps. No padding whatsoever. To make matters worse the paint on Remington chainsaws will peel & flake if you look at it wrong.

i have gotten a couple of saws in the past too that had NO packing at all,, really pissed me off

Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
That totally SUCKS...

I have a similar experience, but might be a bit more costly...

bought almost 100lbs of saw stuff (good parts saws..) seller loaded them in TWO boxes, with little packing material...

out of 6 good cyl, 4 of them are missing fins :angry: 2 broken crankcases, 1 flywheel, 1 coil...

AND, because the SELLER PAID for the shipping ( out of the $$$ I sent him) and he doesn't feel like going through the claims process (although I did 90% of it for him) I'm not ONLY out the saw parts/$$ paid, but the INSURANCE coverage cost :angry: :msp_mad:

Ouch!! The seller probably didn't want to answer any questions about how he packed the saws.

i have gotten a couple of saws in the past too that had NO packing at all,, really pissed me off

I guess some folks think the carriers treat packages gently and carefully. Hah! I worked with a guy who previously worked for UPS--you don't want to know.

One fellow sent me a saw in a cardboard box that had no rigidity left, I could collapse the box by pushing on the top with one finger. He threw a couple of small wads of newspaper in the box, and crammed the bar in the box. When I got the package there was a tear in the box just about the right size for a bar, and of course no bar. The seller got snitty, said it wasn't his fault "because the bar was in the box when I sent it." The bar was an important part for me, I don't have a large stash of spare bars.

kscycler

kscycler

ArboristSite Member
041G for 038 Super

Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM about the 041G. She seems to be all there. Here's what I know, since I only picked it up yesterday:

• The saw is dirty, but it's mostly surface grease. I sprayed it down with degreaser and put a toothbrush to her, and most of the grease came right off.

• The saw has been repainted somewhere along the line. I say that because I see overspray on the handle and on the oil cap.

• The saw is almost completely complete. I think the RH handle is missing, but that may (or may not be) the version. Since I've not had an 041G before, I don't know for sure.

• The air filter is spotty. It doesn't look like my 028 flocked filter, but it is either dirty or some of the coating has come off.

• The bar measures 20" from the end of the gear drive to the end of the bar. The bar is in good shape.

• The chain appears new-ish. Certainly not worn away by any means.

• The saw RUNS. This afternoon, I toothbrushed the grease away and poured out the old gas. I put in fresh mix, and she fired up straightaway. I DID NOT jazz the throttle or rev the saw up, because I just wanted to hear it run first. Maybe that's wrong, but I'm pretty cautious.

• Compression is good, from my perspective. I held the saw up by the starter rope and she just stayed there, for about 10 seconds, and then, slowly, very slowly, eased herself down a bit.

• The oiler works. She pooped on the newspapers after she idled for awhile.

• The spark plug was dry (before I fired it up) and lightly brown. I'm no expert, but there was no big carbon buildup, nor light toasty (lean, to me) look to the plug. Looked OK to me.

• The PO said he took the saw into the local dealer to have it tuned up. There was a service tag on the handle (which I removed when cleaning), but then again, what dealer would leave that much grease on the saw and return it?

• The top cover is not cracked. Funny, it was red on the underneath side, and orange on the top side.

What I really want is an 038AV Super (or thereabouts), electronic ignition, with at least a 20" roller bar. I help my best friend manage about 1,000 acres in SE Kansas and we cut a lot of cedar trees, a lot of oak for his furnace, and an occasional hedge tree. My 028 Super got smashed by a big hedge tree last Saturday and I'm still putting it back together (thanks tomdcoker!).

Thanks again to all who sent me a PM. I'm overwhelmed and want to be straight up and fair to everyone.

UPDATE: Looking for a sturdy box and packing materials. She's on her way to a new home. And an 038 is coming to Kansas! Wooohoo!

Last edited:
SawGarage

SawGarage

Addicted to ArboristSite
Any one have Husqvarna 77 parts? I need a muffler, some handle bar rubber mounts, maybe some decals. I am rebuilding my dads 77 he bought when I was a kid. It was hanging from a rafter in a barn for about 10 years and was extremely dirty. I got it all cleaned up now just need a few items to finish it. I want to make it look real good and suprise my dad by giving it back to him. PM me if anyone knows anything about the parts I need. Thanks.

I might be able to help here... got some OLD NOS vintage stuff... :)

LOL, I don't know? Did you?

HI JAY!

YUP!! lol --->
From what I knew, and spoke w/ Rick, he was going in to the GUN hobby... we were speaking about 12ga. shotguns.... :clap:

Hi Will! :cheers:

Duke Thieroff

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands, you SOB!
Anyone up for some trading?

966e4949.jpg

1c5329d6.jpg

a0384734.jpg

77709d50.jpg

775eb3d0.jpg

Sporting a 28" Mac bar and newer loop of chain.

AV parts are a little rough, may need the chain tensioner looked at, other than that it's a good running saw.

Looking for running saws also that may need a little work or that are good to go.

Let me know what you got.

Chris

Anybody?

Chris

Latest posts