Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
call me crazy but would someone trade another smaller saw for this. this saw is rough but is complete. i got it a month or so back and just don't have time to restore it. when i got it it was seized but got it free'd up. had spark and everything. dumped fuel down the troat and it fired right up. brutally loud because of the muffler being rotted away. after that i knocked the kill switch back a forth to free it up and then no spark. went ahead and pulled the kill switch out of it but still nothing. i know it's a long shot because sure it probably ain't worth much if anything but i would like to trade it for a smaller husky or stihl if someone was willing. something that runs or needs little work. anything that doesn't run at my house i get bi@#$@# at for having around by the wife. thats why everything i get i usually rush to get it running so i have an excuse to keep it. this is a mac cp 125. really rough shape but if you saw where it sat for years you'd understand. i see it as being totally restorable if someone put there mind to it. i just have way to many projects around the house to give it the TLC it needs. i was just thinking maybe there is a collector out there they may be willing to trade. we'll see. if not you guys can laugh at me for trying :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

still looking to trade this mac. i have some pending offers but am doing one last leap to see if anyone would let go of a 346xp. doesn't have to run just has to be 100% complete :cheers:

a good friend of mine is a state trooper,, he was here yesterday,, not to arrest me but to taze my azz:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:,,any who,, he is wanting a bigger saw,, he uses a little ms 170 all the time but he is wanting something in a stihl that will run a bigger bar,, now the question does anyone have a stihl builder any where from 45 to 60cc's,,because of his dad he wants a stihl,,, it does not have to be a pro saw since he won't use it that much,,,i was thinking a 250,, 290 or 310,or even a 025 etc,,i will be going through it and fixing everything that it needs,,, all i ask is that it will cleanup decent,, doesn't have to be new looking,,,, i am not going to charge him a penny to do this,, i want to do this for him to say thankyou for keeping our part of the country safe and putting his life on the line,, i have a brand spanken new 20" oregon power match plus bar in large huskie mount,, 3/8,, 50 gauge for trade and some cash,,,,, and yes i have been checking fleabay but dang they want a huge amount for a builder

a good friend of mine is a state trooper,, he was here yesterday,, not to arrest me but to taze my azz:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:,,any who,, he is wanting a bigger saw,, he uses a little ms 170 all the time but he is wanting something in a stihl that will run a bigger bar,, now the question does anyone have a stihl builder any where from 45 to 60cc's,,because of his dad he wants a stihl,,, it does not have to be a pro saw since he won't use it that much,,,i was thinking a 250,, 290 or 310,or even a 025 etc,,i will be going through it and fixing everything that it needs,,, all i ask is that it will cleanup decent,, doesn't have to be new looking,,,, i am not going to charge him a penny to do this,, i want to do this for him to say thankyou for keeping our part of the country safe and putting his life on the line,, i have a brand spanken new 20" oregon power match plus bar in large huskie mount,, 3/8,, 50 gauge for trade and some cash,,,,, and yes i have been checking fleabay but dang they want a huge amount for a builder

you could always give him your 372 ..................

he could handle it but i would want 2 of his kids for trade :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

well the only fixer upper 60cc range i have right now is an xl12 ,i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy ..........

Hello all

Im on the hunt for a good used 039 jug, and a ms260p jug with the deco hole. If you have anything let me know what your lookn to get for them if you want to part with them.

anyone got a spare farmboss recoil/starter assembly? 029-039-390-290-310? It's literally the last thing I'm missing.

I have a 290 or 310 AM jug, new farmboss bearings and some other small stuff for the same saw I'm willing to trade. I have other parts and cash if they are needed also.

Really needing this AV buffer too if anyone has one handy... need it ASAP so checking ebay and local dealers now...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-STIHL-...637951268?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item2c62e84924

Last edited:
anyone got a spare farmboss recoil/starter assembly? 029-039-390-290-310? It's literally the last thing I'm missing.

I have a 290 or 310 AM jug, new farmboss bearings and some other small stuff for the same saw I'm willing to trade. I have other parts and cash if they are needed also.

Really needing this AV buffer too if anyone has one handy... need it ASAP so checking ebay and local dealers now...
Used Stihl 044 MS440 046 MS460 AV Mount | eBay

I may have a extra recoil,but the parts won't be here for a few days ?

I may have a extra recoil,but the parts won't be here for a few days ?

Recoil I can wait on... I have a customer waiting on this 046mag that I need the AV buffer for. Was hoping to have this thing gone this weekend :( Just called 5 dealers in the area and none of them have this stinkin buffer!

I don't know what happened to Jay of SawGarage, we were making a deal on parts for an 036, now he seems to have disappeared? Maybe someone else has what I'm looking for? I need all the parts from the seal out, on the clutch side. The only thing for trade is $$$. It also needs a cylinder and piston.

Please PM me.

I don't know what happened to Jay of SawGarage, we were making a deal on parts for an 036, now he seems to have disappeared? Maybe someone else has what I'm looking for? I need all the parts from the seal out, on the clutch side. The only thing for trade is $$$. It also needs a cylinder and piston.

Please PM me.

Sawgarage disappears a lot ? :msp_confused:

Latest posts

Back