Swap meet...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a high top air filter cover (heavy duty version) for a 394xp. Doesn't have to be new but would like it in good overall shape.

my bad... fixed origional post. Sounds like we'll probably get everything but the clutch cover from Stihl or ebay so far... Depending on price and what not.

I've seen some $1200 price tags on these things which is crazy! I sold the MM ported one I had last year to a tree service for $650...

The market on the 084 is real mercurial. I sold a fully rebuilt, nice example three years ago for $1075 plus shipping, PHO. Then last year I sold a pristine, all original runner with a 42" Cannon bar and new Stihl chain and it only brought $620 plus shipping. I think people are being scared off by rumors that parts are impossible to find.

The market on the 084 is real mercurial. I sold a fully rebuilt, nice example three years ago for $1075 plus shipping, PHO. Then last year I sold a pristine, all original runner with a 42" Cannon bar and new Stihl chain and it only brought $620 plus shipping. I think people are being scared off by rumors that parts are impossible to find.
Well lets face it... Most people aren't willing to wait for parts and want to buy something right away from a dealer or ebay. So if some parts are NLA people tend to go another route.

Big saws like this 084 are pretty dang scarce around these parts so when they come along a parts source is very hard to find. this should be a great runner once I get the parts I need. Just need to find them at reasonable prices.

To be honest JJ I was hoping you were the one that would have a pile stashed away for me to buy from... You always seem to have your hands on one of everything... :)

Well the word is that aftermarket parts for the bigger saws will be available soon.

I actually have a pile of 084 stuff but it's all spoken for- I'm just waiting for my cousin to come get it. He's logging big second growth Redwood in northern California.

Well the word is that aftermarket parts for the bigger saws will be available soon.

I actually have a pile of 084 stuff but it's all spoken for- I'm just waiting for my cousin to come get it. He's logging big second growth Redwood in northern California.

My aftermarket parts guy up the road from me in Ormond beach has been working on sourcing the 084 and 088/MS880 cylinders and mufflers for about a year now and he's just about ready to pull the trigger on a big order. The problem has been quality control. In his office I've seen half a dozen or so cylinders from different Asian factories, all of them rejects. He insists on Meteor brand level of quality but has had trouble getting the Asian factories to produce that level of QC consistently. The latest samples do look very promising.

Jimbo

So i traded a guy my 142 that i rebuilt for a 266xp and a 268xp with three bow bars. Both saws need a lot of work. Im looking for parts for two saws if any one has anything for sale. Also two of those bars are bent a little. Can anyone tell me if they can be fixed?

I'm repairing a H137 for a friend. The muffler bolts vibrated out and lost some of the parts. The saw is an '09- I need one tube, the gasket, and the front bolt cover.

http://www.husqvarna.com/ddoc/HUSI/HUSI2009_USen/HUSI2009_USen__530165247.pdf

#19 530055600 Cover--Bolt
#21 530055128 Gasket--Muffler

I do not see the tube listed as a seperate item.

I know this saw is sold under several colors and I know that there are other muffler styles on the 137. I don't know if the other muffler styles will fit this cylinder.

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
Neal

Bump!!!

Back