synthetic or regular two stroke oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can understand why it comes up. It's the next road-sign after muffler-mod.

A nice blanket statement would work.
Altering manufacturers specified needs is done at your own risk.

Doesn't do justice for a topic. I think most people are actually looking for information to base their own conclusions, but fall into the trap of the magic sentence.

Well. I think I am going to invest some serious time into LMNOP standards and "filming" is a subject that looks promising at the molecular level. I'll combine my notes into a laymans term physics opinion of it. Spacemule can kick my ass around about the spelling and others will condense the mess into a single paragraph.

We can place this paragraph on the enrolment form checking a manditory check-box and be done with it.

But it looks to be an interesting subject.

I've run 40:1 or 50:1 in all my Stihl stuff and no problems with it engine wise that I know of...I've abused those saws pretty good...I don't like the idea of burning more 2-stroke than I have to. My experience is that what we know of outboards and water cooled 2-stroke stuff will not transfer to chainsaws....because the air cooled stuff revvs real high maybe 11-14K RPM My 2-stroke O/Bs rev as high as 4500-5500 and that's about it on the bigger one...and the 50:1 is almost too much most of the time...100:1 was original recommended in some of these but that turned out to be too lean.

How about just following the makers recommendations? :rolleyes:

I have never had a problem with the original dinosaur juice - seems that synthetic is a bit of an extravagance....

I have 4 saws running out of one gas-can.

Poulan 295 40:1
SXL90125 32:1
Remington SL4A 20:1
Pioneer P20 16:1

4 gas cans to run chainsaws alone for me.

If I had a landscaping business...

Latest posts

Back