Teach me how to port a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trx250r180

Saw polisher
Reaction score
Like the tittle said ,i would like to start a serious thread on this . I have had several loggers hear about my hopped up saws ,and they want me to mod theirs ,i have turned down 6-7 jobs now and gave references to other builders ,but they need them for work ,and do not have the time to send them off and wait to get this service done ,What kind of grinding tools do i need and how do i come up with good #s for a worksaw that will be wearing a longer bar ?

Oh man, is this ever going to be a goodun!!
I hope so ,i have been reading about this for several years and would like to try it out,i have a 460 cylinder ,be good to try on a 440 case,your 044 collection inspired me on the 1128 series when i first joined years ago.

I hope so ,i have been reading about this for several years and would like to try it out,i have a 460 cylinder ,be good to try on a 440 case,your 044 collection inspired me on the 1128 series when i first joined years ago.

Well Brian, I helped a guy get into this one time and just look how he turned out...LOL

A lot of the guys found Dremel flex shafts and bits were good enough until they got into upper transfers. A dremel with stacked up cut off discs can and will do a fair job on raising the upper transfers, the longer extended bits about 3" long will do any of the intake , exhaust and lower to upper transfer port work.

The first two saws I plan on doing are a husky 350 and jonsered cs2159 they both have plates over the transfer ports that can be unbolted so I'm going to buy a Dremel tool to do those and if I like how they come out I'm going to pick up a kit from cc specialty tools to do the rest. As matter of fact I'm really close to starting on my husqvarna 350

Back