Tennessee GTG 6/19

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant get a response on fairgrounds, they are not real keen on us running saws becouse of there liability, so my place june 19, addy is
103 duncan woods rd
oliver springs tn 38740.

The zip code should read 37840. Oliver Springs was my address for 30 years. Looking forward to June 19.

19 inches at my house over the weekend.
Never seen such rain.

High up the watersheds the excitement is over and they're picking up the pieces. Lower down, the big rivers are cresting tonight and tomorrow. Its a real mess.

19 INCHES!!!!!! Thats alot. Ive seen some of the pictures on the tube. I must of really weakend by the time it got to east Tn. We got 2.23. It looks pretty bad over toward the west from what little I seen.

cant get a response on fairgrounds, they are not real keen on us running saws becouse of there liability, so my place june 19, addy is
103 duncan woods rd
oliver springs tn 38740.

The zip code should read 37840. Oliver Springs was my address for 30 years. Looking forward to June 19.

you are correct but for some reason i cant go back and edit the post the correct addy is terry landrum
103 duncan woods rd
oliver springs tn 37840

i live in morgan co but have an oliver springs address

So how many confirmed attendants so far?

Also, someone mentioned a cookout. If that's the case, then we might want to make a list of who will bring what.

Example -

burgers:
hot dogs:
drinks: I'll take care of this one
grill fuel (charcoal/LP):
plates/silverware/napkins:

You get the idea . . .

you can count me and the wife for sure. my fil mayattend also but he won't make up his mind. since there will not be adult beverages running around we may also bring our kids. a girl 13 and a boy 8 if anyone might want to bring their kids too. at the other gtg's there is always door prizes and a saw giveaway. we'd be more than happy to come up with sone things and help with trying to find a saw
jnl

No alcohol is the only way I will attend, saws and booze don't mix IMO. My grandson will be with me too.

ok guys whos bringing what for food and drink, i will have fresh bottle for the grill. i can get ice and put it in the chest freezer so we wont run out. everyone should bring chairs becouse we only have 4 or 5 outdoor chairs. i have the wood all lined up as far as the squares and i also have a 50 plus in oak that can be milled. kvarna i believe is going to bring some big stuff also. its getting close to that date so speak up folks lets hear whos coming and what your bringing to eat. or any questions just ask. if any one needs to speak to me they can pm me and give me a number and name and ill get with you asap.

ok guys whos bringing what for food and drink, i will have fresh bottle for the grill. i can get ice and put it in the chest freezer so we wont run out. everyone should bring chairs becouse we only have 4 or 5 outdoor chairs. i have the wood all lined up as far as the squares and i also have a 50 plus in oak that can be milled. kvarna i believe is going to bring some big stuff also. its getting close to that date so speak up folks lets hear whos coming and what your bringing to eat. or any questions just ask. if any one needs to speak to me they can pm me and give me a number and name and ill get with you asap.

Terry, how many folks are we taking about here? It would be a good start to know that for sure. My wife and I thought we would bring hot dogs and hamburger patties.

at the moment i am not sure how many,but i have people that have pmed me plus guys that are local. so id say so far 15 for now , in the beginning it was more like 30-40 folks but confirmed is more like 15.

at the moment i am not sure how many,but i have people that have pmed me plus guys that are local. so id say so far 15 for now , in the beginning it was more like 30-40 folks but confirmed is more like 15.

We will bring 3 dozen of each... You know what they say, when there's free food you better have plenty...

I got the maples down this after noon, and they are no good. I thought 1 of would be good,but no luck. Too rotten. Im puttin up a couple pictures so you all can see what i done anyway.

I bought you down that was rotten even out into the limbs. I wonder how they stand up to storms and heavy winds.

I bought you down that was rotten even out into the limbs. I wonder how they stand up to storms and heavy winds.

Im not for sure. Thats the reason these had to come down. All the bad weather we had for the last 2 weekends, and they were 30 feet from the house was scaring me.:dizzy: If id known they were that bad id cut them down 3 years ago. The one i thought would be good that showed no sign of rott on the bottom was like these 2, Ill have to write it down, wrong again.lol

Latest posts

Back