THALL and Hoss out cutting today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Hey Ultra you forgot to lend Thall and Hoss the excavator:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Scott

Man that picture of the pickup box with all the saws would drive a leaf licker crazy.:hmm3grin2orange:
Now when one gets home with those saws and has a few beers how do you go about deciding who owns what saws, or is it a big free for all.:hmm3grin2orange:
Do you know what that oak is worth in the west coast!!!! Brings tears to my eyes as I wont even look at the price in the store. :laugh:

Do you know what that oak is worth in the west coast!!!! Brings tears to my eyes as I wont even look at the price in the store. :laugh:

over abundance of the stuff here...No one wants it except the firewood burners...!

I have ruined a bunch of nice oak mill logs over the years for measely firewood...

attachment.php

Nice array of saws there.... How did that little Husky get into the mix??

Scott

You ole pot stirrer,LOL That Husky belongs to the guy that has the property, we sure weren't about to leave him out of the mix. Thats a 357xp and it ran pretty good. I made a few cuts with it and it cuts about the same as a 361.

Gotta tell ya Scott the guy that has the property and that older black gentleman in the picture fell in love with the 7900. They really liked Bad Bob alot.

Saw of the day was Hoss's 090, man that thing bellers like you wouldn't believe. Big John, my 880, was ok but no match for the 090. That 090 is unreal. The more you buried the bar and push down the more it bellered and groweled, a awesome saw. Its no wonder the 090's fetch such high prices, I've never had my hands on a saw with that much lugging power. Hoss has that thing tuned in so good it purrs.

Nice Array of saws. Just wondered how that lonely husky felt in the mix....lol

Awww now that Husky wasn't lonely, it fit right in with the rest of the saws. We never really bothered with who was running what, we were too busy just having fun. Best part is the guy that has the property welcomed us all to come back anytime. That place is full of big wood. Can't wait to get back up there again and, uhhhhhhhhh, Rock N Roll.................

over abundance of the stuff here...No one wants it except the firewood burners...!

I have ruined a bunch of nice oak mill logs over the years for measely firewood...
Probably $5 a board foot here. Just paid $4 per square foot for 3 1/2 x 3/4 t&g flooring, that was a good price. Bring a load out west I'll buy beer.:hmm3grin2orange:

Awww now that Husky wasn't lonely, it fit right in with the rest of the saws. We never really bothered with who was running what, we were too busy just having fun. Best part is the guy that has the property welcomed us all to come back anytime. That place is full of big wood. Can't wait to get back up there again and, uhhhhhhhhh, Rock N Roll.................

You have to speed up, this is going way too slow.......:blob2: :blob2:
..where is Roland......

You have to speed up, this is going way too slow.......:blob2: :blob2:
..where is Roland......

Well tant much I can do Sawtroll untill Hoss comes along with the rest of the pictures. He has a slew of them. All I can mainly tell ya is we all had a great time today running all those saws. Weather was nice, all the saws were running good and the only unhappy things were those trees we took down, poor souls never knew what hit em,lol

Where's the prince Thall:jester:

It was sitting home beside the King on the shelf. I had to decide what saws of mine haven't been run much and the 7900 and the 880 were the choices. We had more than enuff saws so I took my newest ones to play with. The rest sorta kept watch. Next time I'll toss it in the truck and give her a work out. Today was 7900(Bad Bob) and 880(Big John) turn to get alittle use..

Hoss bout time

Your fans have been waiting on you with some pics and coma-terry,lol

Man that picture of the pickup box with all the saws would drive a leaf licker crazy.:hmm3grin2orange:
Now when one gets home with those saws and has a few beers how do you go about deciding who owns what saws, or is it a big free for all.:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, brings tears to my eyes too. Originally this tree was to be flooring for my buddy Scott's log home that he is building. The problem was that when we dropped it there was an eight inch hollow spot rotted out of the middle surrounded by 2 or 3 inches of pith. Naturally we thought that this would continue a substantial distance up the log, so we decided to buck it for fire wood. It sucked when, after bucking from both ends, we doscovered that the soft/hollow spot was only about 6 feet long. Good thing that we had some fun to soften the blow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back