Thank You Dolmar Dealer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one problem I see with a 7900....that is, from now on, everything else you run (short of a 660) will be a disappointment. Congrats!:clap:

I bought a used 066, I compared to the 7900, I'm disappointed with the 066!!! The 7900 was faster by a few tenths at wkpoors gtg. The 066 is going to get a fresh piston and rings and a muff mod. Then I'll compare again, if it is still a pooch it's going bye-bye.

There is no doubt the 066 660 is a good good saw! However I have found if you are running 24" or less the 7900 will outrun it! The 660 starts to shine with a 28"+ bar on it! Not that the 7900 is a dog with a 32" bar but it is 12cc smaller engine and should be outperformed in the bigger stuff!

but it is 12cc smaller engine and should be outperformed in the bigger stuff!

I hear ya!!! I guess when I compared they both had 20" bars and RSC chain. They felt pretty close to each other in the hand but the watch showed something more surprising I should compare them with the 32" I have for the Dolmar and the 36" for the 066. :cheers:

I brought the "beast" to work and I had my co-worker check it out. He's an older guy in his 50's. Cut a lot of wood with Stihls and that's primarily what he has. Think he has a 50some cc Jonsered too. But he looked it over and I gave him the nod to give her a few pulls and start it up. So he had it started in 3 pulls and let it idle for a bit. Goosed it a few times and said HOLY SH**!! He liked it...

He's selling his near new 455 and getting a 5100 soon I think. :) :clap:

I'm in LOVE!!! LOL

I couldn't wait to get home today and run some gas through the 7900. I first went out and noodled some large hedge rounds that I had laying around. Get her broke in a bit that way and make sure she's running good. So I make a few cuts and she starts to act up on me a bit. HMMMM. Out of gas!!!! I was having way too much fun with her and out of gas already. So fill up both tanks and went back for more. Cut the rest of the rounds I had here and I was still hungry for more!! Imagine that huh.

I don't have a ton of trees on my acreage. I only have 4acres and it once was pasture, but I do have a fence line that is full of walnut, oak, elm, hackberry etc. I noticed one tree that was leaning pretty good to the east from our ice storm. Still allive, but the top was pretty mangled. That'll do for now I thought. It was fun to fell. About 25" dia and 30' tall. Timber!!!! I cut about 4 rounds off of it and cut them in half. It was getting dark and I'm going to have to pull the rest of it up. The tree fell into the fence and down the side of the rock pile. I'll limb it next and then pull the log up.

I don't know what tree this was. I'm thinking hackberry. It is pure white on the inside and pretty hard. I know it's not a white oak as it doesn't have any leaves on it yet. Most oaks still have their leaves right now and through most of the winter.

So far this Chainsaw is awesome. Tons of power and runs great. I won't know more until sunday probably. My wife wants to go out and have some fun tomorrow. So I better throw her a bone or my tree cuttin days are over. :chainsaw: :monkey:

Last edited:
Went out all day and cut on one big tree. Was just a maple that we fell last weekend, but it needed bucked and had to load it up.

I put 8 tanks through the 7900. This thing is a beast and I'm glad I went with it.

Here's some of it's handy work!

attachment.php

I am glad you like it! Brent give me a jingle I might have a lead on a splitter if you are still looking!

Alex

Latest posts

Back