The 70cc modifie'd saw claim's.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I hear, and hear the claim's! Modifie'd 372's, 441's 440's outcutting a 066-or a 660. Let's see proof, alot of claim's don't see em backe'd up. You can port, squish, whatever you want, you will not gain cubic inche's! Big bore it let's put a 36in, or 42in bar, and come cut 4 five foot eacalyptus, or five foot fir. Let's rip some oak stump's that are six feet through. Bring it I'll take it, and you will leave wanting a 660. I've been in all that I liste'd with stock 660's, before they had dual port front plate option's. Before any Ized. or big bore's any of it. It did it! All the modification's are cool, and no offense to the guy's who are legit or any of my friend's. Just want the guy's who make the false claims to backup what they say, yet to see the proof! You can do it all, and your'e max bar size is 32. We got a 48 on a 660 ripping log's!

My 372 will out cut any saw around, no matter how big your saw may be... That is due in part to my first cut being to your plug wire with my side cutters.........:msp_smile::msp_smile:

EDIT:
Don't worry cause I carry spare plug wires in my tool kit and will happily repair your saw.

I hear, and hear the claim's! Modifie'd 372's, 441's 440's outcutting a 066-or a 660. Let's see proof, alot of claim's don't see em backe'd up. You can port, squish, whatever you want, you will not gain cubic inche's! Big bore it let's put a 36in, or 42in bar, and come cut 4 five foot eacalyptus, or five foot fir. Let's rip some oak stump's that are six feet through. Bring it I'll take it, and you will leave wanting a 660. I've been in all that I liste'd with stock 660's, before they had dual port front plate option's. Before any Ized. or big bore's any of it. It did it! All the modification's are cool, and no offense to the guy's who are legit or any of my friend's. Just want the guy's who make the false claims to backup what they say, yet to see the proof! You can do it all, and your'e max bar size is 32. We got a 48 on a 660 ripping log's!

Have you ever tried a modded 70cc saw against a 660??? Because if you did or had, you wouldn't be saying that. I have operated 11 different modded saws in a logging operation, and I have two very nice modded 660's that myself or anyone else is free to use .................................................... and nobody wants to use them after using a modded 441 with a 28" bar cutting 50-60" pin oaks and white oaks. Everyone of the cutters and my own board footage per day went up without getting nearly as tired. Do you want me to put a stopwatch on that, LOL.

Thats fine though we do race them from time to time and I have one very nice modded 660, that a modded 441 gives it the fits in under say 25" hickory. We use 28" bars, we don't walk around with 48" bars on our saws when cutting 60" trees. For a 660 to shine it taks 36" bars or bigger, otherwise they are just too big and too unefficient for efficient service to someone getting paid by the board foot. Its not that they won't cut, sure they cut, but they aren't as efficient a 70cc in my case a modded 441 is.

A 660 will cut and top 4 trees before needing to be refueled. My findings and Porche965's recent testing prove that a 441 will cut and top 10-11 trees before needing to be refueled. There is no way that a 660 is so fast that it can refuel twice or more and still catch that 441 ......................................... so I don't need a stopwatch to use common sense and apply it to my experience.

You lack the experience in this field, so you are wondering, and then you don't trust those that give you the information. I won't be taking much time out of my schedule to video saw races anytime soon, but if i do I will certainly make that race a video race for you, as we have already done the same race and we run the modded 441.

Later,

Sam

Sorryn't say anything about fuel at first you made the Slam but your'e claim's are just stupid! You dindn't talk about fuels or the other bs at first, you claime'd the 441 to be superior to the 660. And that is stupid! Faller's around here trie'd the 460, and when the productiond droppe'd the boss's made them get 660's. You can claim anything you want. Our neck of the wood's is in every logging, and big tree book anywhere. They where written about us!

Now you are gonna see all kind of videos with super sharp chains and saws being rocked all over.

No points if the saw is not held level to the ground all the way through the 48" log.

Double points if the left hand is holding a drink or smokey during the test.

Triple if it is swing a lasso.

No points if skip of any sort is used, sissies.

Double points for .404 full comp chipper harvester chain.

You win your round if you are only wearing chaps, please post a warning so we do not actually have to watch the video. We will just let you win that round. You win the whole hat if the chaps are on backwards, freaks.

Only tests performed on State or Fed held property count. We might include county property but only after dark with the individual runs being started at the firing of a 45/70 or 300W.

Sorryn't say anything about fuel at first you made the Slam but your'e claim's are just stupid! You dindn't talk about fuels or the other bs at first, you claime'd the 441 to be superior to the 660. And that is stupid! Faller's around here trie'd the 460, and when the productiond droppe'd the boss's made them get 660's. You can claim anything you want. Our neck of the wood's is in every logging, and big tree book anywhere. They where written about us!

So should I get rid of my 441's and run the 660's now because you said so?? In my neck of the woods, or will they run faster if I bow down to you?

Sam

No Sam, not what I said. You made the initial claim of the superiority, I just said prove it! And you fire'd on me pretty quick. If it wasn't bull#### you wouldn't have got upset, but simply posted a video of your'e 441, spanking a 660. Love to see it!:popcorn::chatter: No I don't have a modifie'd 70cc saw. Why would I I have a 660.

P.S to my friend's, and viewer's I love the 70cc class I have two so don't get affended Just calling to the carpet the guy's saying they will give the 660 a Beat down!

No Sam, not what I said. You made the initial claim of the superiority, I just said prove it! And you fire'd on me pretty quick. If it wasn't bull#### you wouldn't have got upset, but simply posted a video of your'e 441, spanking a 660. Love to see it!:popcorn::chatter: No I don't have a modifie'd 70cc saw. Why would I I have a 660.

You are basically calling me a liar. I never said a 660 isn't fast, I have two, I'v run them for several years, love them. Also never said a 441 will spank a 660 if I did, copy and paste it in context. Fast can be measured several ways on a saw. I prefer the most wood cut the fastest, for me and my experience and of the several cutters who have used 660's their whole careers, the modded 441's is faster, as in it will cut more wood than a 660 in a given time frame usually over say one hour, for reasons I have already stated. If you can't find any truth in that statement of fact, then what logic do you have for not running 084/880's??? Aren't they faster than the 660, especially in that huge wood you been cutting for 23years?

Help me out with the answer to that question, because if I should be using a 660 per your recommendations in my area, then under which mountain of logic that you possess will I find the reasons why I wouldn't just skip the 660 and solely run my modded 084. Its so fast it hasn't been started in 2 years and it runs great and it very fast, LOL.

Let me know the answers behind those questions and I'll get my video camera ready.

Thanks for the help,

Sam

P.S to my friend's, and viewer's I love the 70cc class I have two so don't get affended Just calling to the carpet the guy's saying they will give the 660 a Beat down!

Norm, your right and wrong...

Yeah a 660 in bigger wood but in medium to smaller wood a modified stock or BB 70cc will whip it's butt.

Norm, your right and wrong...

Yeah a 660 in bigger wood but in medium to smaller wood a modified stock or BB 70cc will whip it's butt.

You gotta have videos or it doesn't count. I video and photo work, not cookie cutting, but I can make excepts, it will be awhile as both 660 saws are at Terry's for some work, the faster one should be done and the other the BB is getting sold probably ................ to get more 441's, LOL.

Sam

That's the beauty here, wev'e mature'd the site's mature'd. Memeber the old day's a little argument, and there was real bad blood. Now we can have an argument, and be friend's still LOL! Good night Sam!

Looks like it has gone.....

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T-3Iq3XQkAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No, no, I will make a conscious effort to video more chainsaw related stuff and not just logging stuff. Norman doesn't believe it or the logic behind the 70cc maddness so I should show him, and prove it too my self with better numbers other than, I just know they will cut more wood.

Its hard for me to get very excited about such things, I am different from most on a chainsaw forum in that I like fast saws because I want to get the work over with, quickly ......... not just to see a fast saw work ............ I would actually rather be doing something else like riding horses with my kids or working on a new barn or something. If I'm using a chainsaw its called work, and while I will work, I don't call it play.

I guess, its like asking an Amish guy if he wants to go pet a horse, LOL, why the heck would he want to, spent his whole day working with one, he'd probably rather go fishing or something.

Good night Norm, I will work on getting some cutting videos for you, hold me to it every now and then.

Sam

No, no, I will make a conscious effort to video more chainsaw related stuff and not just logging stuff. Norman doesn't believe it or the logic behind the 70cc maddness so I should show him, and prove it too my self with better numbers other than, I just know they will cut more wood.

Its hard for me to get very excited about such things, I am different from most on a chainsaw forum in that I like fast saws because I want to get the work over with, quickly ......... not just to see a fast saw work ............ I would actually rather be doing something else like riding horses with my kids or working on a new barn or something. If I'm using a chainsaw its called work, and while I will work, I don't call it play.

I guess, its like asking an Amish guy if he wants to go pet a horse, LOL, why the heck would he want to, spent his whole day working with one, he'd probably rather go fishing or something.

Good night Norm, I will work on getting some cutting videos for you, hold me to it every now and then.

Sam

I can understand where you are coming from there, no one wants to spend the whole day doing a job that could be done in half the time. Plus why haul around the extra weight of a 660 when a smaller modded saw can do the same job.

I've seen many ported 70cc saw out run stock 90cc saws even up to 32", but it wasn't buy much. bigger saws simply have more useable low end torque IMHO. In 20"/28" wood there's really no reason to run a 90cc saw, after that a 90cc saw is where it's at. Will a ported 441 out cut a 660 in big wood? well I've yet to see that happen, but that could change soon.

On AS these fads come and go. The 441 is a fine saw, but I'd much rather have a number of saws before I'd plop down a grand on a 441 IMHO.

Latest posts

Back