the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate you do. I had to use blocks with the Jayco. I'll look into extended ones when I've finished playing with the axle. Eventually I will fit an independent axle/suspension assy. I'm thinking airbag/shocks and I might have a go at making it myself. Plenty of info on the net and parts readily avail.

How about one of these Al, it provides independent wheel travel and shock absorption all in a simple maintenance free package.

General Infomation | Transtyle Aluminium Boat Trailers Melbourne

How about one of these Al, it provides independent wheel travel and shock absorption all in a simple maintenance free package.

General Infomation | Transtyle Aluminium Boat Trailers Melbourne

Yeah Rudi, the same as the Alko. AL-KO Website » Independent Rubber Suspension (IRS)

These are great systems I've seen on campers in the bush but they are basically for standard height. You would have to pack out the axle assy too much to get the height unfortunately as this is the way I'd go otherwise. There is a used one in Queensland on Gumtree a fella can't $450 ono for.

This is basically the way I'll go I'd say. The CRUISEMASTER® Range

Last edited:
Yeah Rudi, the same as the Alko. AL-KO Website » Independent Rubber Suspension (IRS)

These are great systems I've seen on campers in the bush but they are basically for standard height. You would have to pack out the axle assy too much to get the height unfortunately as this is the way I'd go otherwise. There is a used one in Queensland on Gumtree a fella can't $450 ono for.

This is basically the way I'll go I'd say. The CRUISEMASTER® Range

Yeah that Cruisemaster looks good and wouldn't be hard to build. If possible try and get your lugs and plate bits laser cut and everything will be accurate. No drilling required and saves a lot of time.

what great Sunday over here 1st good weather day in while and I'd lucked it in to drive that 69 fast back Tang again all around my local coast and hills with charity fund paying customers. How good is that, lunch a kool car & all I had to do was keep it on the road and smile.
It being left hand drive no issue as piloted it a few times now. All the peninsula roads were full of Rods and concourse customs out for the sunny day, a sweet 72ish yellow mildly pimped corvette at a pitt stop had me envy even while sitting in 69 tang

Yesterday spent all day pulling, marking, scoring targets at my full bore rifle club big yearly comp. Twas a long long day in the end i deserted my post leaving my comrades & retreated from the butts. Strewth I had served from 10 till 4 without relief and as a volunteer not a mercenary my conscious was clear. dunno who won but some bloke kept blowin away my marker n stick with a small fist tight 12 -cut 2 shot group from 500 meters thats impressive.

Had to weld up me chipper hatch hinge,,, again. I used me little Bunnings $100 buck ozito arc that's been really good n handy. I got a cheap auto dimmer face shield for about $90 it sure makes arc welding a cinch. Are the $500 dollar ones any better, am I putting me eyes pies at risk it seems no side affects but have to ask wiser chaps.

Dear wifey and billy lid2 is in Rome going south next insert life of Brian quotes here,,,,, havin a good time seen nuff micky churches to last a lifetime.

what great Sunday over here 1st good weather day in while and I'd lucked it in to drive that 69 fast back Tang again all around my local coast and hills with charity fund paying customers. How good is that, lunch a kool car & all I had to do was keep it on the road and smile.
It being left hand drive no issue as piloted it a few times now. All the peninsula roads were full of Rods and concourse customs out for the sunny day, a sweet 72ish yellow mildly pimped corvette at a pitt stop had me envy even while sitting in 69 tang

Yesterday spent all day pulling, marking, scoring targets at my full bore rifle club big yearly comp. Twas a long long day in the end i deserted my post leaving my comrades & retreated from the butts. Strewth I had served from 10 till 4 without relief and as a volunteer not a mercenary my conscious was clear. dunno who won but some bloke kept blowin away my marker n stick with a small fist tight 12 -cut 2 shot group from 500 meters thats impressive.

Had to weld up me chipper hatch hinge,,, again. I used me little Bunnings $100 buck ozito arc that's been really good n handy. I got a cheap auto dimmer face shield for about $90 it sure makes arc welding a cinch. Are the $500 dollar ones any better, am I putting me eyes pies at risk it seems no side affects but have to ask wiser chaps.

Dear wifey and billy lid2 is in Rome going south next insert life of Brian quotes here,,,,, havin a good time seen nuff micky churches to last a lifetime.

Taking the "tang" to Bright in November?

Taking the "tang" to Bright in November?

be nice:msp_smile: but its not mine. I'm just a conscripted driver his other rides a 69 Ponty fire bird 350 pony .. once billy lid 1 finish her year 12 exams we be off weekend thatatway to rack up learner driver hours over hotham back via east gippy. You'll find me floatin down Ovens at Harrietville in a inner tube if weather good:msp_smile:

be nice:msp_smile: but its not mine. I'm just a conscripted driver his other rides a 69 Ponty fire bird 350 pony .. once billy lid 1 finish her year 12 exams we be off weekend thatatway to rack up learner driver hours over hotham back via east gippy. You'll find me floatin down Ovens at Harrietville in a inner tube if weather good:msp_smile:

Ah yes the float down the river. Have done that a few times myself down the Buffalo and Buckland.

Not without a methanol carby, two piece head, and a plethora of finger ports. Just use Araldite :D
i was thinking of going with loctite 480, but then again some tarzan grip might be the go ...i could go commando and swing my vine? :msp_scared:

i was thinking of going with loctite 480, but then again some tarzan grip might be the go ...i could go commando and swing my vine? :msp_scared:

The good old Tarzan Grip is good gear. The fumes always make you quite pleased with your choice of adhesive...

what dose this say about australia bloody india gets the 461 before us ???
looks like paul keating was right

[video=youtube;4bfZarY9jvY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bfZarY9jvY[/video]

The good old Tarzan Grip is good gear. The fumes always make you quite pleased with your choice of adhesive...

You blokes are so amature,,,
You need the Tarzan grip to fasten the 50 cent piece to the piston top. That way it dramaticly increases compression. Then to accompany this mod, you need a victor lawn mower spark plug being sure the electrobe faces north and south.
I simply will not tell you blokes what the other mods are, but a small hint being,,, no i just can't say.

Heard a good one this morning on the radio. A popular tool hire business has the tv tradie celeb doing his short talk on which is the best chai saw to hire. He recommends that if you're away from a power outlet the best bet would be an 18" diesel powered chainsaw. I wouldn't have thought it could be too ken' ard to make a chainsaw ad. LOL

Heard a good one this morning on the radio. A popular tool hire business has the tv tradie celeb doing his short talk on which is the best chai saw to hire. He recommends that if you're away from a power outlet the best bet would be an 18" diesel powered chainsaw. I wouldn't have thought it could be too ken' ard to make a chainsaw ad. LOL

Yeah typical, but then my pruning saw is 18V!

You blokes are so amature,,,
You need the Tarzan grip to fasten the 50 cent piece to the piston top. That way it dramaticly increases compression. Then to accompany this mod, you need a victor lawn mower spark plug being sure the electrobe faces north and south.
I simply will not tell you blokes what the other mods are, but a small hint being,,, no i just can't say.

Silver paint on the piston crown for heat dissipation.

Sorry Neil, I had to let the small hint out!

g'day boys, seems a couple of mates have decided that i have to race my 7901 against their stihl 460/660 at our annual camping trip to talbotville, anyone know where i could get my hands on a square ground chisel chain in 3/8x .58? kinda figured i may as well give myself a little cheeky advantage. guess plan b is any tips for making a fast round ground chain?

g'day boys, seems a couple of mates have decided that i have to race my 7901 against their stihl 460/660 at our annual camping trip to talbotville, anyone know where i could get my hands on a square ground chisel chain in 3/8x .58? kinda figured i may as well give myself a little cheeky advantage. guess plan b is any tips for making a fast round ground chain?

I could proberbly lend you one, but it would be a boomerang chain. Too many hours in getting them going to loose, but you may just like it.

Latest posts

Back