the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the offer but id rather not risk damaging it, more hoping someone may know of a dealer that stocks it

havent tried him yet but figured that he would see this soon enough

Here I is :) No cigar on the square mate. I have one 96DL loop of new genuine Carlton .404" square chisel here but I'm keeping that for a special occasion. Just not sure what that is yet. I know somebody who does have a heap of Stihl square but that's .063", not .058". There "may" be an Aussie member on here with access to a square grinder that can do up a .058" loop for you but doubt it.
Regardless your 7900 should be able to knock over a stock 460 but square or not you'll struggle to overtake a 660. Some people may think that a stock 7900 will knock over a stock 660 in smaller wood but heavily lean on both and see what happens. I'm not the world's biggest 660 fan but that extra 14cc of torque comes in handy even on smaller stuff when you really lean into it :) Let the saws self feed and the 7900 may have a chance but put some weight behind it and a 660 will hand a 7900 it's ass. Port a 7900 and a stock 660 will get whipped :D

Race Day in Crows Nest Qld

For anyone in the area that is interested there will be racing this saturday the 20th. Post rips and speed races out behind the Crow Pub. Plenty on throughout the day for the whole family (even worm racing!:rock:)

more info for the festival in the following link
http://www.crowsnestfestival.com.au/

Cheers
Will

No go for Neil, no cross border raceing for me until further notice. According to my sweet big boss at home.

Hey Will, i showed Phil the thread last week when he was here, he was chuffed to say the least.
He thought Matt is a bloody good fellow to so highly comment on phils superior sharpening skills and style with the 88
Actualy i'm expecting him tomorrow.

Last edited:
thanks for the offer but id rather not risk damaging it, more hoping someone may know of a dealer that stocks it

No worries mate,,,
the chain we run is just 058 super chisel in 3/8, usualy round ground and usualy with a ramp.
The trick is what we do to that basic chain that makes all the difference.
Useing flat or tri files takes a lot of practice to master, but good results can be had with a round file especialy if the other modes are done also.

these round mods sound intresting, any hints what they may be? ive got a few loops of full chisel i can tinker with....i just really want to beat that 660....i know it probly wont happen short of ordering a ported top end asap but even giving it and its owner a good scare would do. reckon he would notice if i just wound his h jet out an extra turn or so lol?

Last edited:
Race Day in Crows Nest Qld

For anyone in the area that is interested there will be racing this saturday the 20th. Post rips and speed races out behind the Crow Pub. Plenty on throughout the day for the whole family (even worm racing!:rock:)

more info for the festival in the following link
http://www.crowsnestfestival.com.au/

Cheers
Will

Good luck Will,as fate would have it we gotta go to a family birthday down south(cross the border)wifes uncle cracked the big 9-0 ,any other time i would have been there

He thought Matt is a bloody good fellow to so highly comment on phils superior sharpening skills and style with the 88
Actualy i'm expecting him tomorrow.

Is Phil the bloke with the well toned chainsawesque forearms who holds the saw down with his buttcheeks, files between his family jewels while looking the other way, and does cartwheels everywhere?
If so then yeah, he seems cool.
Normally I'd call somebody a hillbilly filing a saw while sitting on it but he looks like he knows what he's doing :D

Last edited:
Is Phil the bloke with the well toned chainsawesque forearms who holds the saw down with his buttcheeks, files between his family jewels while looking the other way, and does cartwheels everywhere?
If so then yeah, he seems cool.
Normally I'd call somebody a hillbilly filing a saw while sitting on it but he looks like he knows what he's doing :D

That is he, it takes skill to do what phil does and no one else can do it that ive seen.
And as of tonight you have spoken to the man him self. He has been helping me a couple of days a week in the mill, he doesn't need the money but the bugger will take it tho.

Me too :)

It has the word Jacks in it. Plus Small. Engines is in there as well. Stick a www. on the front and a .com on the end and we have a winner.

:hmm3grin2orange: Thanks Matt, Anyway I changed the oil lines so far no oil leak, the valve in the oil tank doesn't help, they build up pressure and leak.
Oleo Mac had the right idea a small hole in the top of the tank with a split pin inserted , no pressure build up and no leaks.

Latest posts

Back