the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I planned to trim a few branches of a tree in my front yard but my wife decided she didn't like that tree at all , cutting 8" branches up a ladder with a pole saw can be
interesting if branches don't fall as expected.
My letter box took a couple of hits as did the pole saw D handle :)

tCustom.jpg

downCustom.jpg

DCustom.jpg

I planned to trim a few branches of a tree in my front yard but my wife decided she didn't like that tree at all , cutting 8" branches up a ladder with a pole saw can be
interesting if branches don't fall as expected.
My letter box took a couple of hits as did the pole saw D handle :)

tCustom.jpg

downCustom.jpg

DCustom.jpg

Is that the tree Wayne that I said would be a bit trickier to cut down than you thought? :)

Is that the tree Wayne that I said would be a bit trickier to cut down than you thought? :)

It could be, I used a rope just to make sure It didn't take out the neighbors carport, anyway 5 or 6 trailer loads of foliage to be dumped and it's all done :smile2:

It could be, I used a rope just to make sure It didn't take out the neighbors carport, anyway 5 or 6 trailer loads of foliage to be dumped and it's all done :smile2:

I think you need to add a wood chipper to the collection Wayne :msp_wink:

Adelaide tree permits hmm i'd reckon a slab n not SA brew (unless coopers pale) will buy our silence eh lads:msp_sneaky:

http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/.../ACC-DIGS-Regulated-and-Significant-Trees.pdf

What is a regulated tree?
The Development Act 1993 and Regulations provide that a
‘regulated tree’ is:
• Any tree with a trunk circumference of 2.0m or more
measured at a point 1.0m above the natural ground level (in
the case of trees with multiple trunks, it is those with trunks
with a total circumference of 2.0m or more and an average
circumference of 625mm or more measured at a point 1.0m
above natural ground level).

Me,, I dont support LG gumnuts telling what can or can not do on home land trees, sure some high end veg controls needed but not down to home owner level. It should be well sorted at tree contractor stage they know best what good to keep or not, dont need no LG desk jocky to say stay or go and charge a $ fee for the process's.

I thought you'd be hard pressed deciding which one of your 224 saws to use :)

I thought you'd be hard pressed deciding which one of your 224 saws to use :)

Actually I have 6 saws with new piston/rings I'm rotating between those, hopefully they will be run within the next 12 months.
One slight problem... my wood shed is chockers :D

Adelaide tree permits hmm i'd reckon a slab n not SA brew (unless coopers pale) will buy our silence eh lads:msp_sneaky:

http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/.../ACC-DIGS-Regulated-and-Significant-Trees.pdf

What is a regulated tree?
The Development Act 1993 and Regulations provide that a
‘regulated tree’ is:
• Any tree with a trunk circumference of 2.0m or more
measured at a point 1.0m above the natural ground level (in
the case of trees with multiple trunks, it is those with trunks
with a total circumference of 2.0m or more and an average
circumference of 625mm or more measured at a point 1.0m
above natural ground level).

Me,, I dont support LG gumnuts telling what can or can not do on home land trees, sure some high end veg controls needed but not down to home owner level. It should be well sorted at tree contractor stage they know best what good to keep or not, dont need no LG desk jocky to say stay or go and charge a $ fee for the process's.

Funny you mention coopers pale ale, the little old lady next door gave me a slab for plumbing her rainwater tanks... but your getting bugger all :yoyo:

Funny you mention coopers pale ale, the little old lady next door gave me a slab for plumbing her rainwater tanks... but your getting bugger all :yoyo:

You must have done really good job then, a Coopers pale slabs a high end praise :msp_smile:

was there felt a disturbance in the AS force last nite, no logging on was possible after say 7pm.

You must have done really good job then, a Coopers pale slabs a high end praise :msp_smile:

was there felt a disturbance in the AS force last nite, no logging on was possible after say 7pm.

yeah but it came back up later

ching chong ****

This chain might be ok for cutting Watermelons but for dry hardwood it was dull after 5 mins, It came with my 7900 when I bought it.
It's now in the bin where it belongs :)

IMG_5786Custom.jpg

That's the infamous Tri-Dink chain Wayne! I wouldn't have expected anything more from it to be honest...

On another note I got these in an email today...

Untitled6.jpg

Untitled9.jpg

Untitled15.jpg

Untitled11.jpg

Untitled16.jpg

Untitled17.jpg

Untitled14.jpg

Untitled20.jpg

Hi all,been lurking around(enjoying) this site for a while, and have taken the plunge with a first post!
A bit of advice would be really appreciated (about Aussie wood dust issues) if anyone would care to comment?
I am a very happy owner of a new 365sp thats being used as a firewood saw,mostly cutting dry hardwoods(ironbarks etc).
I have been using the std felt air cleaner (being the white body and yellow felt).
I am getting fines in the air horn throat.
I have contacted the local dealer that suggested to keep the chain sharp and possibly try a little filter oil/vasoline around the air joints.
Hmm--nope--still there --although alot less--bugger--and the oil is messy to clean up!
I do appreciate the nature of our wood to be dusty and cause filtration issues,but any ideas how to improve things?
How bout the hd filter/top cover upgrade for my saw--does it really work??
Thanx in advance!

Hi ya and welcome.
Good luck with keeping that fine dust out of ya Husky,cant help ya all i know is the Stihl HD2 filters do work in stopping this.:)

IronBarc, just use a sock and then some womens stocking, stip them over the filter ...u can go 2 layers of stocking if needed, My filters stay really clean, any bigger chips seem to slide of the slippery surface of the stocking and with the super fine material it catches any fines before they reach the main filter, and on Big bore saws, they suck huge air ...so a air filter oil is a good idea, but if the main filter is oiled and not wrapped in a sock & stocking the fines and chips will stick to it, ....sock and stocking act like a pre-filter, keeping the main filter clean ....works a treat on my saws !

i just use one of these no fines get through them

attachment.php

sorry mate couldn't help me self but hey i will be trying that sock and stocking thing "maybe some suspenders to" LOL
for me 390xp as the fines are getting through

i just use one of these no fines get through them

attachment.php
they just collect the fines and crap instead. with a sock and stocking the main filter stays clean with no crap collecting on it at all ...no fines are getting threw the main filter even without the sock/stocking trick, because i use grease and a spray filter oil ....I just use a sock/stocking to keep the main filter clean .....mostly if theres fines getting threw you just need to use a little grease around the rim of the filter seal & a filter oil spray .....and by using the sock/stocking trick the oiled filter stays clean with no clogging of oiled fines.

Back