The First MS261C To Arrive Will Be Ported For Free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was smart I'd be rich. Don't be makin fun of me.

Get caught up on those saws, and you'll have plenty of cash. I'm not making fun, just being honest, Boss.

BTW, you've already ported a few saws for free. I've owned three of them so far.:msp_smile:

Guys look, this site is big enough for the both of you to work on saws, You two have been at it for the longest time. My suggestion would be to leave each other alone and let them do their thing and you do yours. The alternative is not going to be good for either one of you.

I like reading the old threads about modding and porting on here back when Randy and Brad were friends exchanging ideas.

One thing folks never seen to get is that there are many different ways to skin a cat. Just because I do things a certain way and someone else goes at it from a different angle doesn't mean either of us are doing it wrong......just different.

I look forward to being able to port this engine and keep the stratos intact......Brad saw that as a disappointment. In the past Brad and myself have had huge disagreements......but I can't say he doesn't build a strong running saw.

The 241C that I did for Stihlman441 is a prime example of what can be done with the setup and the M-tronic system. That saw went from having a bit of a lag in spool up to being a snappy little beast. The 441 and the 441C is another case of the non-M-tronic never being a stellar running saw, even with port work. They end up better than stock, but nothing like the electronic version.

To think that this version can't benefit from more than just cutting some slots in the muffler is insane.......

Please don't mention skinning cats when DSS is around. You know how emotional he gets. :msp_sad:

Well, I got an education here. It just seems fitting to give something back.

I'd really like to see this free port work go to someone that really has been wanting a ported saw, but just can't afford to buy a saw and pay to have it ported.

When I found this site I had been sick and out of work for awhile.....I understand being low on money.

I am your man that's poor and cant afford to get it ported. Do I win this contest?:laugh:

I like reading the old threads about modding and porting on here back when Randy and Brad were friends exchanging ideas.

We would still get alone fine I'm sure. I'm not allowed to post in his threads nor is he in mine. Tough to exchange ideas like that. :laugh:

JUst kidding randy . but I would like to send one of my saws to you to get done eventually.

If I could get my ms261 to run like the 555 I have I could get rid of it and have a 50 and 70 cc saw plan

Guys look, this site is big enough for the both of you to work on saws, You two have been at it for the longest time. My suggestion would be to leave each other alone and let them do their thing and you do yours. The alternative is not going to be good for either one of you.

I'm all for letting Brad post in my threads. Heck, even a little fuss ain't a bad thing. Brad has got several good points going for him, I ain't ever forgot that. The way he stepped in to help out Wiggs when he was hurt sent him way up on my chart. We have different ideas about things, and different approaches too. But not letting us post in the same threads may be doing more harm than good.

Latest posts

Back