The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If a person buys a 660 kit right now what should he expect?
I did an entire video series on the kit just a few weeks ago. You can see everything. I was missing 3 nuts, the worm, my brake band did not have the pin in it. Handle is the pits so I use the excellent wrap. I used about 6 oem parts like piston bearing, pin, circlips, rotor, pawls, decomp and used the HLIC carb. The 380 kit had some very high quality parts in it, the 440 was very good, the 070 was very good. The ms250 kit was crap. A oem 250 is not finished as well as their larger saws. They did fire the company that made the brake bands and the 250 flywheels. I worry about what country gets those parts now but they did make that change. The old bands were great until those pins went missing. Brake bands are very important to us. The new flywheels I think are coming from the same folks that made the ms380 flywheels, some very impressive workmanship.

I just posted about a bad cross cylinder so all these companies need us to hold them accountable. The one guy just said his 440 kit was missing the throttle linkage. That's mind blowing to me. I got one of the first kits out the door, me and tbohn. He noticed in the unboxing video the linkage was missing. Wonder if that was an orginial kit that somehow stayed at the bottom of the trailer until recently.

They box the kits up and store them and pull their orders from the pile. So if they screw up they screw up bad, ever mistake is duplicated. I swear i think it was just recently that they figured out how they kept screwing up. Then you would tell the worker by message hey you screwed up this is missing and they never tried to figure out why. Like every packed box was a ticking time bomb of a problem. Then the worker never was trained on what a good flywheel looked like. So they would say I got a customer with bad flywheel send another. The guy sending it did not know that what he was sending was a bad flywheel. No one showed them in packing.

Take a photo of a good one and show everybody, I don't think that's how their workers are trained.

I know that's been our problem. I raised Cain and I think they got it. Actually they proved it to me. They just gotta fix it for everybody longterm. Only advice I can give is as customers you gotta tell them when they screw up and how they screwed up and not make them hate you by being mean. I got terribly close, I think means sucks. But I was fed up.
I never had the 360, 361, 180

I did an entire video series on the kit just a few weeks ago. You can see everything. I was missing 3 nuts, the worm, my brake band did not have the pin in it. Handle is the pits so I use the excellent wrap. I used about 6 oem parts like piston bearing, pin, circlips, rotor, pawls, decomp and used the HLIC carb. The 380 kit had some very high quality parts in it, the 440 was very good, the 070 was very good. The ms250 kit was crap. A oem 250 is not finished as well as their larger saws. They did fire the company that made the brake bands and the 250 flywheels. I worry about what country gets those parts now but they did make that change. The old bands were great until those pins went missing. Brake bands are very important to us. The new flywheels I think are coming from the same folks that made the ms380 flywheels, some very impressive workmanship.

I just posted about a bad cross cylinder so all these companies need us to hold them accountable. The one guy just said his 440 kit was missing the throttle linkage. That's mind blowing to me. I got one of the first kits out the door, me and tbohn. He noticed in the unboxing video the linkage was missing. Wonder if that was an orginial kit that somehow stayed at the bottom of the trailer until recently.

They box the kits up and store them and pull their orders from the pile. So if they screw up they screw up bad, ever mistake is duplicated. I swear i think it was just recently that they figured out how they kept screwing up. Then you would tell the worker by message hey you screwed up this is missing and they never tried to figure out why. Like every packed box was a ticking time bomb of a problem. Then the worker never was trained on what a good flywheel looked like. So they would say I got a customer with bad flywheel send another. The guy sending it did not know that what he was sending was a bad flywheel. No one showed them in packing.

Take a photo of a good one and show everybody, I don't think that's how their workers are trained.

I know that's been our problem. I raised Cain and I think they got it. Actually they proved it to me. They just gotta fix it for everybody longterm. Only advice I can give is as customers you gotta tell them when they screw up and how they screwed up and not make them hate you by being mean. I got terribly close, I think means sucks. But I was fed up.
I never had the 360, 361, 180
What I don't understand is that you condemn them in one post, praise them in the next, and act like my missing parts/issues aren't a big deal????

On my post above I might have misworded it a little. I understand the kits weren't the best when they first started shipping them, I was just wondering what NOW to expect..have they improved or do you still have to fight them to get a complete kit that will work..

I put together a 660 kit from HL Supply with the Cross P&C. After about 10 tanks (and I did some milling with it) the piston bearing started to fail.

Others had warned about that bearing, but I did not heed the warnings. My P&C needed some cleaning up, but it runs a good deal stronger than stock, and my 066 with the Cross P&C still runs just fine and it the one in the HL youtube video.

I think the 660 kits are great buys if you like a build challenge, and replace the handful of parts that need replacing. I had to lower the lever in the carb, but after that it was fine. Basically, replace piston bearing, piston pin clips, chain adjuster, decomp valve, and fuel cap and you should be fine. Not a bad deal for the rest of it. I'm even still using their fuel line and filter (but the fuel line was not installed correctly, check everything).

I think the Cross P&C is much better quality, and comes with caber rings.

Has anyone ever used Rocky mountain chainsaw kits says ships from the u.s.im after a top end kit for my 046 magnum
ba14c8a96142a1b5b216ed5fcd24e9a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those who run saws for living tend to buy the best they can get and select models that are pro saw bread winners. Despite this most have a number of backup saws and junkers for spares. Things break & wear on the best OEM saws, I'd hate to go to work each day with hutzl saws, it would frustrate the fork out of you. I get it though guys can build a $1000 saw for $100-$200 and it looks the same & kinda sorta works the same.

Those who run saws for living tend to buy the best they can get and select models that are pro oven bread winners. Despite this most have a number of backup saws and junkers for spares. Things break & wear on the best OEM saws, I'd hate to go to work each day with hutzl saws, it would frustrate the fork out of you. I get it though guys can build a $1000 saw for $100-$200 and it looks the same & kinda sorta works the same.
I have quite a few saws I'm running religiously I'm questioning whether or not I am gonna like the saw it's 77cc how well is it gonna rip just ok or is it gonna rail so that's kinda were I'm at how much money do I put in to it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Don't buy a kit or an assembled clone if you don't know how, or are unwilling, to modify the parts to work properly. You are likely to need to replace a few parts.

What the hell would you expect for that price?

People act like the price of these clones or kits are some sort of miracle/mystery. They are made with minimum amounts of untrained labor, probably poorly paid at that. If you can't add your own skill and time, plus likely replace a few parts, you will be disappointed.

My 62cc clone is reliable, light and decently fast. I use it regularly, but I can see there are a few parts that might need attention soon. So I got a nice saw for little out of pocket cash, but quite a bit of my time and skills. I sure as hell would not have provided that time or knowledge to anyone else for cheap!

I seen the crank bearings go to hell in a hurry and that wiped out the crank also. I am sure they don't know how to measure stuff correctly and or their machinists are not capable of precision work for some reason or another.
That's silly, of course they can - but why would they bother for no profit margin? That reason is because we won't pay them to do it.

When a manufacturer goes to China, they know why you are there - it's because you want to maximize short term profits. If you gave a damn about the company, employees, customer, product or the future of the business you would not be there. Why should they care if you don't? Should they give you the same quality for nothing? If you wanted that why not have the employees who used to do that keep their jobs?

Same with consumers - what do you expect to get for a fraction of the price?

Don't buy a kit or an assembled clone if you don't know how, or are unwilling, to modify the parts to work properly. You are likely to need to replace a few parts.

What the hell would you expect for that price?

People act like the price of these clones or kits are some sort of miracle/mystery. They are made with minimum amounts of untrained labor, probably poorly paid at that. If you can't add your own skill and time, plus likely replace a few parts, you will be disappointed.

My 62cc clone is reliable, light and decently fast. I use it regularly, but I can see there are a few parts that might need attention soon. So I got a nice saw for little out of pocket cash, but quite a bit of my time and skills. I sure as hell would not have provided that time or knowledge to anyone else for cheap!

That's silly, of course they can - but why would they bother for no profit margin? That reason is because we won't pay them to do it.

When a manufacturer goes to China, they know why you are there - it's because you want to maximize short term profits. If you gave a damn about the company, employees, customer, product or the future of the business you would not be there. Why should they care if you don't? Should they give you the same quality for nothing? If you wanted that why not have the employees who used to do that keep their jobs?

Same with consumers - what do you expect to get for a fraction of the price?
Well I would expect the cases to line up at least and not leak how bout that?

Well I would expect the cases to line up at least and not leak how bout that?
I think it comes down to buyer beware, you buy something cheap, don't expect anything else. Once in a while, you may get lucky and actually have a good running machine, but don't bet you life or livelyhood on it.:cool:

Back