The Next West KY GTG Build Off Saw.........Please Help Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How might a Poulan Pro 335 stack up on a 50cc race?

Not real well when compared to a hot 346. Open ports and lower rpm design. They are a very solid saw and will run for years. They run about like an open port Husky 55.....

And about 4cc too large. :laugh:

Have you checked out the thread I started with pictures of the kit? I've got a couple guys telling me to send it back. I don't see what they're talking about. Maybe you could shed some light on this.

I looked through it.......Your pictures were too small. :D

Not real well when compared to a hot 346. Open ports and lower rpm design. They are a very solid saw and will run for years. They run about like an open port Husky 55.....

I've seen one open port 350 run like a hot 346, but I have no idea what Scott did to it...

I know this is early but, if someone can bring a propane fish cooker I'll bring fixin's for a pot of Gumbo. Actually we will need 2 fish cookers (one for a pot of rice). I have both pots but won't have room for the cookers.......I'm thinking gumbo would be good Saturday night.......

Turkey and sausage.......I will also need a head count....

I can do a fish cooker.

I know this is early but, if someone can bring a propane fish cooker I'll bring fixin's for a pot of Gumbo. Actually we will need 2 fish cookers (one for a pot of rice). I have both pots but won't have room for the cookers.......I'm thinking gumbo would be good Saturday night.......

Turkey and sausage.......I will also need a head count....

Count my head x2 !!!!

Don't get silly guys......................that would be one for me and one for my lovely wife.

Mike

I'm behind as usual. I got six cube and under, but what size wood and or bar and chain type is being used? More orientated toward play saw or work saw?.....this finger port talk has me cornfused :rock:. Stock chain or file your own? A brother needs some rulez dudez :msp_biggrin:.

Sorry if I missed it, been busy as hell lately and been spending very little time on here, but I'll get caught back up this winter :).

I'm behind as usual. I got six cube and under, but what size wood and or bar and chain type is being used? More orientated toward play saw or work saw?.....this finger port talk has me cornfused :rock:. Stock chain or file your own? A brother needs some rulez dudez :msp_biggrin:.

Sorry if I missed it, been busy as hell lately and been spending very little time on here, but I'll get caught back up this winter :).

I'm behind as well,:msp_biggrin: I thought we were cooking fish not racing saws.

I'm behind as well,:msp_biggrin: I thought we were cooking fish not racing saws.

Naaaa... We're heating gumbo and rice...
And I think it's 36" bars with off the roll chain...
Big wood, no real rulz other than muffler and looks like a saw...
That's the dinner entertainment Stephen...
We may have to take the truck!!!

You're about ready already!!!
Just bring the 395...
This one was custom Taylored for you Durand...
:msp_wink:

Naaaa... We're heating gumbo and rice...
And I think it's 36" bars with off the roll chain...
Big wood, no real rulz other than muffler and looks like a saw...
That's the dinner entertainment Stephen...
We may have to take the truck!!!

Darn 394 is stock appearing but itll only do cants, ill send it with matt for play. Its weird, people send saws to builders for mods and saws to matt just to run. maybe I should address it to levi:D

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

Darn 394 is stock appearing but itll only do cants, ill send it with matt for play. Its weird, people send saws to builders for mods and saws to matt just to run. maybe I should address it to levi:D

How many builders can say they won their first build off???
Levi did his... Almost stock saw, good chain, and didn't suck...
And Shaun's saw blew up and stuff....
But still...
Luck, it knows no boundary's...
:dizzy:

How many builders can say they won their first build off???
Levi did his... Almost stock saw, good chain, and didn't suck...
And Shaun's saw blew up and stuff....
But still...
Luck, it knows no boundary's...
:dizzy:

I think ill retire in a few years, ill have no chance;) he runs a saw exceptionally well.

Back