The Next West KY GTG Build Off Saw.........Please Help Decide

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn 394 is stock appearing but itll only do cants, ill send it with matt for play. Its weird, people send saws to builders for mods and saws to matt just to run. maybe I should address it to levi:D

I'm sending Matt.....err I mean Levi a saw for Grantsburg. :msp_wink:

Good, I'm gonna let you do the pot stirring............That seems to be a job you are very good at :msp_wink::msp_wink::msp_wink:

Hey..........................OK your right. :buttkick:

I'm sending Matt.....err I mean Levi a saw for Grantsburg. :msp_wink:

Hey..........................OK your right. :buttkick:

I'll be running mr. Fugly...
Levi has his own 372...
And I'm gonna kick his butt...:msp_rolleyes:
Unless I suck...
Then who knows...
Maybe Adam will kick both our butts...

How many builders can say they won their first build off???
Levi did his... Almost stock saw, good chain, and didn't suck...
And Shaun's saw blew up and stuff....
But still...
Luck, it knows no boundary's...
:dizzy:

Well, there's Levi,
and Andyshine77,
and maybe Mastermind.

Mike

Naaaa... We're heating gumbo and rice...
And I think it's 36" bars with off the roll chain...
Big wood, no real rulz other than muffler and looks like a saw...
That's the dinner entertainment Stephen...
We may have to take the truck!!!

36" bars, off the roll chain, but what gauge and pitch?

3/8" .063" would be my guess. 36" .050" bars are hard to find.

I've got a 395XP to send to "The Wiggs" that needs a few parts.........anyone else up to helping our host to have a builder? :msp_sneaky:

It needs a top end (the jug may clean up), a coil, and a carb.......

I've got a 395XP to send to "The Wiggs" that needs a few parts.........anyone else up to helping our host to have a builder? :msp_sneaky:

It needs a top end (the jug may clean up), a coil, and a carb.......

I could muster up an unlimited coil as I don't use them anymore. I don't have a carb that big to send.

Wiggs gonna have 2 different rolls of chain???
:msp_confused:

For a 36" bar I would vote for 63 gauge RSLHK. Now what are we going to do about the drive link counts? Stihl is 114, and the Husky/Jred's we have to deal with the 36" 115 link or the 37" 119 link bars.

For a 36" bar I would vote for 63 gauge RSLHK. Now what are we going to do about the drive link counts? Stihl is 114, and the Husky/Jred's we have to deal with the 36" 115 link or the 37" 119 link bars.

Guess I need another milling chain anyway...
But the thought of square filing 115 dl's of chain gives me the willies...

well I have a pile of crap,,, I mean parts for the gtg:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Guess I need another milling chain anyway...
But the thought of square filing 115 dl's of chain gives me the willies...

That is why it's half skip.

I rocked a 32" full comp square ground a week ago... I got one side reground before I had to quit for the day. :bang:

Well, don't know how I'll fare but I did find a 6 cube saw to build.....pics to follow later, and it is a red saw.........

Here it is, not all busted up, good cylinder, complete, and the best part, real cheap......

299756d1370986462-2095-jpg

Last edited:
I guess we could all buy our own chain. It will be hard to find stihl single loops in the east. Maybe everyone could just share bars?

I guess we could all buy our own chain. It will be hard to find stihl single loops in the east. Maybe everyone could just share bars?

I say we just hand Brad a loop of .063 semi chisel and tell him, "YOU'LL RUN IT, AND LIKE IT, MISTER!!"
:sure:

Back