The "Official" 2012 YOU SUCK! Thread -- Pics Required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PogoInTheWoods

Don't forget about the alligators...
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok gang, bring those barn finds, CL deals, pawn shop flea market garage sale ebay where ever ya got it from scores to the table and gloat your ass off about it. And I've seen quite a few sweet rebuilds and restorations in some of the sticky threads that certainly qualify as sucking because..., well..., they're so damned cool that most of the rest of us would never even attempt anything so ambitious and actually pull it off, so..., the guys that did? You suck too. Bring it.

I've only been around your collective subversive influences for three years now, but it's clear that one doesn't gloss their own good fortune and get away with it. Seems like you don't really suck until someone else says you suck....with Guido being the exception since we all know people actually PAY him for the privilege of having their wayward saws added to his collection just so they can gloat among their friends and colleagues about their association with such an icon. So Guido is disqualified because, well, he's pretty much the self-proclaimed King of suckage....and if I see the cute little 026 one more time I may just hafta get loud and obnoxious. (Hi, Guido!):jester:

Since I have already qualified for the YOU SUCK award on a thread or two, I'll risk getting this started in hopes of generating some amusement and hopefully a nice collection of pics from everyone who's had the good fortune during the past year to, well...SUCK!

Happy New Year everyone. I've been awed and inspired by many of you over the past year.

Thanks to all.

:cheers:

attachment.php

$200 for both and the 371 is a strong runner but could use a teardown and bottom end inspection. The 262 needs a coil and piston.

attachment.php

$25 each from my preferred Husky dealer in the area who was giving fifty buck credit "for any saw running or not" toward the purchase of a new Husky. Both run great and the service manual and 4 extra chains were included with the 60S.

attachment.php

Free from an 81 year old tree guy in exchange for a 192T rebuild and tune-up on his good ol' Echo 3400 standby. Cylinder base was cracked and I'll probably try one of the BB kits just because another gracious member here sent me a Bailey's coupon.

attachment.php

200 miles and 70 bux. Came with a 20" Windsor SpeedTip, 3 good chains and a toasted top end. Cleaned up and and ready to go back together tonight.​

But wait, there's more...

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Free....​

.... from an old hippie buddy of mine that used it since the late 70's to cut wood for heating his place until it wouldn't start this season....no spark. Was told it would cost too much to fix. Gave it to me and said "good luck". Was fearing the worst and figuring on having to scrounge up the NLA ignition module, but a teardown and cleanup revealed a short in the kill switch wiring and it runs great.

Yeah. I suck.

:givebeer:

Be safe, everyone.​

Last edited:
These two Jonsereds and this grinder for under 5 bills

101_2752.jpg

101_2876.jpg

This 372 for 100$

IMG_20120720_114209.jpg

Both for a grand.

IMG_20120508_163257.jpg

and these too.
IMG_20120505_150613.jpg

The pay sucks at my job but these fringe benefits help make up for it.

Last edited:
With my moves last year and this year, my CAD has slowed to a trickle. I actually think that this MS200T for $35.00 was a better deal than the $45.00 026 that I am not allowed to show.

MS200Tleft.jpg

I guess this Poulan 5200 for $25.00 would probably be considered a good deal as well.

Flagstaff5200.jpg

Got a couple in the works now, may start off 2013 strong as well.

barn find

old husqvarna 1100

I got this saw given to me by a neighbour who had the saw in his shed for the last 15 years or so .... and finally got it going with help from all the chaps on the site ... just posted a video of it WORKING !!! still have some flooding issues but its almost near perfect ... new bar and chain on order and trying to locate a carb or carb kit ... but what a find !

[video=youtube;qrFcGkHaGow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrFcGkHaGow&feature=youtu.be[/video]

With my moves last year and this year, my CAD has slowed to a trickle. I actually think that this MS200T for $35.00 was a better deal than the $45.00 026 that I am not allowed to show.

MS200Tleft.jpg

I guess this Poulan 5200 for $25.00 would probably be considered a good deal as well.

Flagstaff5200.jpg

Got a couple in the works now, may start off 2013 strong as well.

You don't take direction very well, do you?:ices_rofl:

Great scores, man....particularly the 200T for my money.

YOU SUCK...SOME MORE!

:laugh:

Free from one of my neighbors:
Poulan Pro 4620AVHD, with 20" b&c, and a case, less than one tank of fuel. Sorry, no photos.
Note--This might've been in 2010, my memory sucks.

$60.00:
Craftsman version of the Poulan Pro 5020, with 20" b&c, and a case. I got it (the only one they had) from a small building supply warehouse less than 10 minutes from my house. The CL ad said $75.00, the guy working there said $55.00. Sorry, no photos.

$60.00:
Poulan 5400 CounterVibe, with b&c (length I don't recall), full wrap HB, & HD muffler brace/guard. It was a CL deal, the seller didn't know what he had, neither did I until I got there. I waited several days before I called about the saws. Photos were posted here on AS.

$150.00:
Husqvarna 346XP E-tech (yeah, I know), with 18" b&c. The pawnshop had it marked down from $299.00, then let me have for $150.00 out the door. Sorry, no photos.

$192.00:
Jonsered 2171, with 20" b&c. I took a chance and waited 3.5 weeks for the pawn shop to lower the price from $229.00. Yes, I'm cheap, & I've posted the full story here on AS. It was then ported free of charge by Terry Landrum, an AS sponsor, for GTG Challenge (the story is posted here on AS). The photos were posted here.

I've had a couple of decent, but not YOU SUCK!, deals via feePay.

I really need to get busy taking some photos of my new-to-me chainsaws.

Latest posts

Back