The official spike template thread... please upload your templates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the OEM type spike for the SP80 saw is quite special, not a flat piece but has an offset bent into it to put the spike a bit closer to the bar. I think they would be quite difficult to try and reproduce at home. Bryce often has them available though his store, this one happens to be rockcrusher.

McCulloch Mac 10 10 55 555 PM60 SP 80 81 70 60 Spike | eBay

I do have a couple of home made flat spikes that were made to fit the earlier saws, in fact I traced one last week but failed to bring it to work so I could scan it.

If I have some time and remember over the weekend I will try to get a couple of options for the 10 Series saws prepared. I think there will be a relatively easy way to make a modified PM 10 Series profile that will bolt up to the older saws. I don't believe there is a way to make one fit both older -10 and SP models as well as the later PM 10 Series due to the very different profile to fit the PM saws.

The patterns I left earlier were all for the large frame older saws.

Mark

Here are 4 different spike patterns to fit the 10 Series saws. #1 and #2 are home made jobs that will fit the short clutch covers, #1 will work on the non chain brake cover as well as the chain brake cover, #2 will only work on the short chain brake covers, it would block access to the front bar stud on the non CB type cover.

#3 is the factory spike that fits the gear drive 10 Series but will also fit the short style chain brake covers.

#4 is the factory spike for the PM 10 Series with the long clutch covers, also fits the 600 Series saws like the 610, 605, 650, etc...

Mark

Sorry to drum up an old thread but does anyone have a template for some ms661 Arctic dogs (the ones with the cut out's behind spike). Thanks heaps

Here's a Homelite 360 spike, I see Biker Dude was looking for one, the photos not to scale, the 2 bolt holes should be 6cms apart.
Im in the process of making up a new spike for my 1050super, have got hold of a large industrial saw blade which is 4mm thick and will use a plasma cutter to cut the pattern out.
Justin
View attachment 187699
Hello Guys, im needing a 360 Homelite falling spike template?

Here's a Homelite 360 spike, I see Biker Dude was looking for one, the photos not to scale, the 2 bolt holes should be 6cms apart.
Im in the process of making up a new spike for my 1050super, have got hold of a large industrial saw blade which is 4mm thick and will use a plasma cutter to cut the pattern out.
Justin
View attachment 187699
Pioneer, would you mind posting the pattern for the Homelite 360 bucking spike again? I'd like to make one out of a 10" saw blade or something similar. Advice? Never made one before.

Back