The official spike template thread... please upload your templates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Jerry here you go.

Both in a PDF file that you can print out at 100% and have actual size templates.
I worked 10 hrs today with 2 hr travel time, for a total of 12 hrs gone from home.

Got home and did a few chores, the ole lady came out in a romantic mood wearing nothing but a smile and I told her no, not now I got to go scan some chainsaw spikes for Jerry.

She didnt understand at all. Can I sleep on your couch tonight?

you the man mark, unfortunately if you were to have slept on my couch the DW would have wanted to know why. that would have went over like a chain on backwards. guess its just fortunate that i only just saw this post cause i woulda let you. then we'd both be in deep dodo.
are both those the 306A?

Ok Jerry here you go.

Both in a PDF file that you can print out at 100% and have actual size templates.
I worked 10 hrs today with 2 hr travel time, for a total of 12 hrs gone from home.

Got home and did a few chores, the ole lady came out in a romantic mood wearing nothing but a smile and I told her no, not now I got to go scan some chainsaw spikes for Jerry.

She didnt understand at all. Can I sleep on your couch tonight?

====

You know the rules, pictures or it didn't happen...:msp_smile:

anyone got any dawg templates for a stihl 041?

Might be able to get that... give me a little time to figure out how to run the scanner and have it show up at 100%... or if someone beats me to it, then I guess I will have learned how to run the scanner anyway.

grabbed my grinder and went to town. IDK. going to look scary when done.

:msp_scared:

119_4771_zps22555a5e.jpg

A Stihl 041

Posting for a member who somehow got banned.

:confused:

From the contributor:
"You will want to open this in MS Paint. Then go to page set up and check and adjust these settings accordingly. Letter size paper, print on 1 of 1 pages, portrait format, and no horizontal or vertical centering.

The spike was mounted on the 041 clutch cover with 5/16" bolts and nuts, and that is the hex head size, not thread size. They are 1/2" long and are fine thread.

Once you print this out, check the dimensions with a ruler. It should be spot on if you used MS Paint and set up the printing as I said to above."

Posting for a member who somehow got banned.

:confused:

From the contributor:
"You will want to open this in MS Paint. Then go to page set up and check and adjust these settings accordingly. Letter size paper, print on 1 of 1 pages, portrait format, and no horizontal or vertical centering.

The spike was mounted on the 041 clutch cover with 5/16" bolts and nuts, and that is the hex head size, not thread size. They are 1/2" long and are fine thread.

Once you print this out, check the dimensions with a ruler. It should be spot on if you used MS Paint and set up the printing as I said to above."

Hey , come on now , I will put my bucking spikes to use if you don't tell us who the member is, at least a clue ? Sdlatre?

Now come on. Those are not bucking spikes they are lethal weapons. :msp_scared: :dizzy: :msp_thumbup:

wont even need to put the bar on I guess when the zombie trees invade. That saw is actually a rare j-red 630 v I , V for heated handles and I for invisible parts.Cant you tell by the invisible spark plug ?

well , I figure I have to down size the bucking spike or up size the bar. or I could up size the spike and even more up size the bar . :rock:

I see a 272 top end in this saws future.

119_4773_zps3d506342.jpg

119_4774_zpsafc97836.jpg

119_4772_zpsc33d8c51.jpg

Just killing time , too much time , too much snow. wait a minute, never enough snow !!!!!!!!

Damm That's what I was thinking.. I have a CNC table at work that cut Aluminum and I was going to give it a shot. Ohwell.

I have done a lot of work with aircraft grade aluminum of various alloys. None of it, in my opinion, is durable enough for something like this. Maybe if you made them 1/4" or so thick, but otherwise no.

Back