The official spike template thread... please upload your templates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wouldn't happen to know what the Lombard F-54 spikes looked like would you?

Unfortunately, no. This is the first Lombard I have ever had or seen.

Here is the spike for a Pro Mac 610 and probably many others like PM700, PM 850, PM 10-10S

Here are the dawgs that I made a couple of weeks ago for my 390xp out of stainless steel.

attachment.php

Here they are next to a set of factory sized big dogs.

attachment.php

I like........ you sellin those?

Unfortunately, no. This is the first Lombard I have ever had or seen.

Here is the spike for a Pro Mac 610 and probably many others like PM700, PM 850, PM 10-10S

Glad you posted that because I have my landlords 610 here that did not come with spikes. He did not ask for spikes but I plan to add them anyway.

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

Here's my second SP125 with the spikes I made using an original as a template. Used 3/16" plate but it was not quite as wide as the original. I included a page of templates. Best to just save the page and open in WORD, then print on 8.5 x 11.

i also made spikes for my Super EZAO and XL 12 from a 10" table saw blade.

attachment.php

I would hate to see this thread disappear so I am posting another spike template.

I found this one in a box of random parts and it belongs on a Husqvarna 288XP

Save the file then print it at 100% and "none" on page scaling.

Someone here has to have a Husqvarna 2100 with some scary lookin' dogs on it. I've been meaning to make some up, I only have the inside one right now and I had to grind that down because the tips were broken off when I got it. I just did one for a Sachs 120, went off a pic of the stock one though, I'm thinking about something pretty nasty for the big husky. Good thread, It's the one part of a saw you can fabricate yourself and not look cheesy, on the contrary it's a good way to personalize it and at the same time add to the looks and maybe even the function. BTW, I have some Sachs 153 and 166 nos spikes if anyone's looking for some.

Here are a few options for the large McCullochs, and for the Jonsered 900 Series saws.

Mark

This appears to look like the inside dog on my 930. Do you have a template for a outside dog. The outside dog bolts on a little further back than the inside. Thanks

Anyone ever try to make some spikes out of Alum.? or is it to soft to hold it's shape?

I would think that aluminum might be too soft. But might there be some alloys (aircraft structural) that would be strong enough?

Damm That's what I was thinking.. I have a CNC table at work that cut Aluminum and I was going to give it a shot. Ohwell.

Anyone ever try to make some spikes out of Alum.? or is it to soft to hold it's shape?

The strongest aluminium alloy is 7075 T6 AFAIK and it's a little stronger than 1020 low carbon (mild) steel in UTS. (572MPa vs 480 MPa)

The spikes on my Dolmar/Makitas are hardened steel (hacksaw barely makes a mark, they were hard to cut) and I've used 4130 sheet with a Hillbilly heat treatment to replace them.

4130 in the normalised (annealed) condition has a UTS of around 590-760MPa and heat treated around 1280MPa.

6Al-4V Titanium achieves a UTS of around 1000-1100 MPa when heat treated and is only 60% the weight of steel and there's no need to paint or surface treat, it's corrosion resistant ;)

Anyone have tracing(s) for a Mac 10-10A?
Thanks!

I believe your 10-10A uses a spike similar to a SP81. If so, it is not flat as it wraps across the front of the clutch guard. A MAC flat one should work but your 10-10A deserves the correct one. You can find them on eBay from time to time for $10 to $15. I promised my spare to Eccentric otherwise I would give it to you. Ron

Back