The Prodding Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this thread, it reminded me of a good one! MIght be a bit long winded for text, but I'll give it a shot!

A falling contractor (in Idaho! ;-)) was looking for guys for a camp job. A faller calls up, they chat for a bit, things sound pretty good. The faller asks how long the shifts are? The contractor replies "well, it's a bit of a long one, we work 8 weeks straight, then a week out!"
"Holy crap! That's one hell of a shift! How do you guys pull such long shifts?" Contractor replies, "well, I treat the guys pretty good. We have special nights every week. For example, Mondays are poker night!" The faller replies, "That sounds great, but I don't gamble. When I was little my Dad was a gambler and lost everything then left my mom, sister and me."

The contractor says "OK, I can understand that. I'm sure you'll really like Wednesdays though! I fly high priced call girls in from town and all the boys have a good time!!" The faller replies "I"m sorry, but I just can't partake in that either. I have too much respect for women. After my dad left, my mom and sister had to work the streets to make enough money for us to live."

Contractor replies "Well jesus, boy! Are you queer too?!" The fallers says "Oh no! I'm as straight as they come when it comes to that!"

Contractor says "Well jesus christ! Your sure as hell not gonna like Fridays then either!!!!!!!!!"

Hope this reads as good as when it's being told and you guys get a chuckle out of it! lol

That was a good one pard:hmm3grin2orange: Damn Pat...I don't hang out here much anymore, and then I stumble on to this thread and find out he's a hackin on me...I've had to take his #### for 16 years! You all have my permission to hack on him :)

This one can't fall away. I don't have anything right now but someone surely does.

Any tater sprouts or velcro sheep gloves make it to Oregon for the GTG couple weeks back?

Owl

There were sheep along the freeway by Brownsville. We figured there was a delay in traffic caused by a van from Montaaaana so the Montaniacs and Taterguy didn't make it any further south. :msp_biggrin: Maybe they ended up at the Rainbow Gathering. That's kind of on their way home.

I was all set to show them the art of slabbing to fit the terrain of one's property.

Man, how did I miss this whole thread until now?

Haven't seen Pat on here in a while, he must be real busy sittin in the processor, staying warm, and trying not to spill coffee and Kool-Aid on his brand new crispy Hickory shirt and sprinkling kitty litter on the tracks so he doesn't slip while climbing out of the cab in his Velcro's :hmm3grin2orange:

Those inland pansies were a no-show.

I had a blast and almost ran outta steam on the way home, timed it out pretty close.

RandyMacBeingunsafe0001.jpg

Thanks sweetp for the photo.:hmm3grin2orange:

Holy Smokes Santa! You lost a butt load of weight!!!!(no pun intended) Why are you packing your sleigh on your shoulder? What is the horse power / deer power conversion? Should It take 12 deer to pull
that big ol yeller sled?

Haven't seen Pat on here in a while, he must be real busy sittin in the processor, staying warm, and trying not to spill coffee and Kool-Aid on his brand new crispy Hickory shirt and sprinkling kitty litter on the tracks so he doesn't slip while climbing out of the cab in his Velcro's :hmm3grin2orange:

When the Bitteroot Boys met up with the Big Hole girls there was alot of confusion going on! You may curse yourself and ask yourself what you were doing in the Bitteroot Valley that day. Maybe you should have cut your hair.....acted a little more manly perhaps? Sorry that you left with such a SOUR look on your face!:msp_confused::msp_confused::msp_confused:

When the Bitteroot Boys met up with the Big Hole girls there was alot of confusion going on! You may curse yourself and ask yourself what you were doing in the Bitteroot Valley that day. Maybe you should have cut your hair.....acted a little more manly perhaps? Sorry that you left with such a SOUR look on your face!:msp_confused::msp_confused::msp_confused:

huh? have you been drinkin windshield washer fluid Pat :msp_tongue:

I'm sure he'd make an excellent "stroker" operator.....lol

Are the beetles still workin on killin every tree in montana? We have a couple hundred acres near wolf creek and last I was up there they were doin a hell of a job...

Are the beetles still workin on killin every tree in montana? We have a couple hundred acres near wolf creek and last I was up there they were doin a hell of a job...

TFE,

I want you to know that I'm going to let you slide this time, but in the future if you post a serious question I'm going to have to turn you in to the AS authorities!!! Trust me....you don't want Gas on your ass!!! I thought Montana boys were a little high in the corner and long in the raker!!!! lol Them boys couldn't tell ya about the bug kill anyway. There still trying to figure out how them lines got hung up in the top of all them snags that are spaced so perfectly along the road!! I here tell that Big Sky tried to fall a couple w/o the aid of beer...or any spirits for that matter!

TFE,

I want you to know that I'm going to let you slide this time, but in the future if you post a serious question I'm going to have to turn you in to the AS authorities!!! Trust me....you don't want Gas on your ass!!! I thought Montana boys were a little high in the corner and long in the raker!!!! lol Them boys couldn't tell ya about the bug kill anyway. There still trying to figure out how them lines got hung up in the top of all them snags that are spaced so perfectly along the road!! I here tell that Big Sky tried to fall a couple w/o the aid of beer...or any spirits for that matter!

that's straight up fooforraw, i had already downed a bottle of rubbing alcohol that had been filtered through a loaf of bread. Them snags are great, they're already limbed and have a nice long choker already set at the top

Then this is probably the thread for me to respond to the other thread, the one about religion, God.

But, not yet.

I'd be a commie if every one else didn't suck so bad.

How about that instead.

Well, not everyone, I'm sure a number of folks on here would make good comrades.

Happy 4th of July my fine friends. I sure do enjoy all of this bantering back and forth. It's one of my most favorite pastimes. Seriously though, I love this great country and I like the tar out of a bunch of em living in it and am so thankful, grateful, and beholden to my forefathers for having the foresight, ingenuity, and intestinal fortitude to carve out this great nation! I get goosebumps every time I think about are countrymen breaking ties with the old King and giving him a big ole whoopin. I do not agree with most of my countryman's views, but love the fact that they are free to express em. Happy Independence day my friends! Oh yeah...your all a bunch of DUSHEBAGS!

TFE,

I called the Forest Service the other day to ask about a Post and Pole permit. I asked the dude if it was okay to sell a huge chunk of land to the Red Chinese like they were doing in Idaho. He got all mad, and started carrying on about them brokeback potato diggers ruining the country. Smart Forest Service guy.

TFE,

WTF, lol.....Corners are perfect and the rakers are just right. Well ####...maybe not.....I need a grinder.........

well said pat. and you have a great independnce day. i.m going to pop a couple cases of Tannerite .

Happy 4th of July my fine friends. I sure do enjoy all of this bantering back and forth. It's one of my most favorite pastimes. Seriously though, I love this great country and I like the tar out of a bunch of em living in it and am so thankful, grateful, and beholden to my forefathers for having the foresight, ingenuity, and intestinal fortitude to carve out this great nation! I get goosebumps every time I think about are countrymen breaking ties with the old King and giving him a big ole whoopin. I do not agree with most of my countryman's views, but love the fact that they are free to express em. Happy Independence day my friends! Oh yeah...your all a bunch of DUSHEBAGS!

Despite what some may read into my post, I'm 100% with you.

Latest posts

Back