The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that picture! It looks very quant and homey.
Also inviting about your picture is that timber on the slope in the background.
John
Yep. Lots of timber, unfortunately the big stuff is mostly gone. Every once in a while I run across some old growth Doug Fir. There were five or six in this one stand that didn't get cut for some reason.
image.jpg

Do you have water when it is frozen all the time ?
There's no running water here except for the water I have to run and get.
For drinking water I go to a local spring that never freezes over, though I have to chop ice away to fit in a 5 gallon jug with an axe or chainsaw.
For washing I just melt snow.
John

The coldest I've ever been was when it was just above freezing.......slight rain, and hard wind.

When it gets cold enough for everything to freeze, the air gets dry.......and it's better to me.
You described here ,35-45 and damp all day feels colder then last week when was dry and in the low 20's

Not so bad now ,inside dried in doing trim work ,painted some wanescoating and the grains raised on the plywood :mad: had to sand it all down last night and repaint it again ,same thing can look outside and be happy have stuff to do indoors this time of year .

Ty sir , From the work i have seen of yours ,you have built some very beautiful homes also . I am still an amateur at this stuff ,kind of learn as i go type of thing .

It's about how far you are willing to go to make something turn out right. From what you've shown me.......you're not scared to go the extra mile.

It's 35 below here now. Outdoor activities are mostly limited to getting firewood unless forced to go skiing or tobaggoning.
I stay mostly inside working on saws and stoking the fire. It snowed about 6 inches during a warm spell so I banked the snow around the shack which helps to keep the cold out.image.jpg

Hope you have a wood stove in the outhouse :barbecue:
No but as Randy says, its better to crap in a bucket. I generally crap in a plastic bag which lines the bucket.
The bag gets put outside to facilitate freezing. Then the offending loaf gets thrown into the fire.
But don't miss or the bag melts and it's a poopy mess. So as you can see it requires some skill.
This barbaric act is limited to temps below minus 20.

Latest posts

Back