The senix 4 stroke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll cut wood just fine and it is fairly nice to run just have to be sure to burp the air from the fuel tank so it fills completely. It pulls through a bind with the bar buried no problem.IMG_20211202_142809442.jpgIMG_20211202_142816590_HDR.jpgIMG_20211202_142843362.jpgIMG_20211202_142847876.jpg

The four stroke's displacement classes in AMA pro racing were chosen to make the four strokes competitive out of the gate in the late '90s. Four stroke motorcycle tech has improved greatly since then. The 450s make much more power than 250 two strokes and the same is true of the 250 four strokes and 125 two strokes. The manufacturers who call the shots for the AMA felt that four strokes were the future due to expected emissions laws, even though Honda for one had low emissions two strokes that raced in Dakar and Baja, and then sold 250 dual purpose low emissions two strokes in the rest of the world. They wanted the fields to be full of the new four strokes not old two strokes.

Two strokes need roughly a square bore/stroke ratio for best flow from the ports. Too short a stroke and the ports are just too small. Look at the cylinder of a recent two stroke road race bike and you'll see a forest of transfers, seven or more. Where as four strokes with valves in the head don't need cylinder wall area for flow so the stroke can be super short. Saw two strokes have short strokes for packaging, and they are industrial engines with small ports so they don't need the wall area.
But my son suzuki 400 bandit turns 17,000 rpm redline. Screaming,

Are gaskets available? I’d like to port and retune it.
Non that I have found but they'd be pretty easy to make. It wouldn't take much, the ports are pretty big especially when compared to a Honda gx35. It's interesting how the impulse is generated by the opening and closing of the intake valve. Vacuum then no vacuum.

Had $60+ in amazon points paid $67 for mine.

Liquid cooled and a oil pump is the next upgrade. I hope they go bigger cc upgrade.

Back