The "unofficial" 6 cube sticky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO THE OL:rock:'MAN HAS A DEEP DARK SECRET!

It's only a theory. I don't know if he does or does not have a Contra Lightening S... I would not be surprised if he does. It's an impressive saw, judging from the cubage rating and the pics of the beast...

Hell, it's about the only Stihl on my list!! :alien2:

So far, I have found myself to be quite a hardcore Mac guy... I gots yellow blood. :msp_smile: I honestly don't think that will change much, if at all.

Though I have adopted a Poulan 3600 or similar, a Pioneer NU-17, and there are supposed to be more saws finding their way into the trailer and truck soon...

I wonder what my mom is gonna think when I haul home saws that previously filled 3/4's of a shed that measures about 10' by 20' by 7'... :hmm3grin2orange:

She keeps asking if it's all junk and scrap. Nope, it shouldn't be. Gonna have to make sure I can keep this all organized so I can identify which rafter has what brand saws on it, and thus make it easy for me to know what I have and don't have. Also going to log everything into an Excel sheet so I know what I have, conditions of the saws, and how many I have of each.

Don't count on me selling many of them... I figure once I have them all put away, she'll forget about them... when I didn't... :D

Once I get some going, it's possible I may put some up in the classifieds. Whatever you do... don't fill my damn pm box...

Old School 6 plus (actually it's about 7)

1960 TITAN 54-A real flamethrower in its day. These were snatched up by go cart builders for the West Bend featherweight engine. It really does have a lot of torque. 115 cc/ 7 grunt horsepower.Thought you might want to see one.:rock:

Super pro 125C

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my Super 797 when I first got it.

attachment.php

Here it is after a few adjustments.:laugh:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It ain't got the character of the big red's or yeller's, but 6.7 cubes it is!!!
076 w/ a 41" bar... Here you go stephen...:msp_tongue:
And a couple Frankensaw projects...

I'm testing them to see which one I decide to keep? I'm deciding which one runs the best? Hell I don't know!!:msp_wink:

I'm having the same problem with these too!
100MEDIA_IMAG0380.jpg

They just keep multiplying!!
IMAG0119.jpg

Ill be glad to help you find new caring homes for them when you have to make that decision :)

I'm sure there are a hundred members that could help!

Ain't that the truth. Many of 'em (including some that are eccentric) are in this thread.........:hmm3grin2orange:

:msp_drool: Me likey!!

And Eccentric likey also... he's betraying us Mac heads!!! He's a closet Dolmar lover!!! :msp_sneaky: :msp_mad:

:D

I've been open about digging the Dolmars for a long time. The big-inch SD's like the 166 remind me of a 'modern' incarnation of a Homelite 900D. Also, the 6400, 7300, 7900, and 9010 are also the closest things to a real Homelite or McCulloch that you can get new these days....:D

Last edited:
As long as Dolmar has been around I wonder why they never took off around here, or solo? Closest Dolmar dealer I know of is in redding. Cloverdale saw was if not the first husky dealer around here then pretty close. They were smart, and argue'd with all the dealer's but got Stihl, Echo, and husky under the same roof. Busies't saw shop I have ever seen.

Dragged a few more out from under the bench. I have another couple that are a little undressed at the moment so they will have to wait. These old things are commoner than Macs around here. Sorry they are so dirty.

P1010862.jpg

P1010858.jpg

Al.

Back