The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norm,
here's a few pics of that bar on my 385.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....I thought the woodshed would make a good background. :hmm3grin2orange:

Took down some silver maples today. It was 3 degrees when we started this morning...a heat wave compared to the last 3 days. View attachment 275315

I would have to be starving before I would take anything I had to climb in those temps. I don't do that much climbing to begin with so it would be a reach at this time for me.

Good for you though:clap: Glad you have the work and it would be at those temps:msp_ohmy:

Took down some silver maples today. It was 3 degrees when we started this morning...a heat wave compared to the last 3 days. View attachment 275315

Looks like a pretty small area, did you have to rig everything down or were you able to just flop it over at some point?
Did you have any wind to deal with? :msp_ohmy: That can be brutal with temps that low.
Nice pic. :msp_thumbup:

275315-164471_514536181901766_1806718314_n-jpg

Randy, and Shane, yep shipping bites! Nice wrap Randy, you know me that's only way I fly. That bar a little big for that saw:msp_biggrin: Cambell good stuff my friend, nice pictures, and Welcome, among us my friend!

Randy, and Shane, yep shipping bites! Nice wrap Randy, you know me that's only way I fly. That bar a little big for that saw:msp_biggrin: Cambell good stuff my friend, nice pictures, and Welcome, among us my friend!

Ayuh,
like I said Norm, can't wait to "put it to work". I can tell it will be easier to handle/work with. ;)
(I do have bigger bar for "special occasions" :hmm3grin2orange:)
Time to put wood in the stove, make coffee, get ready for work.....:msp_sleep:
Have a good weekend.
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Good deal Randy. Aaron and some more friends and I cut some, on one of our hunting ranches yesterday. Not the best day for me, had and still have a starting issue with the 395. Then my ignition switch, and wire went out on the 288. Bar nuts backed off on my 372:confused::( Ruined me mood. 2101 was sound as always. Not the saws fault. 395 and 288 are new too me, so got to get to know em. We got a lot done and did have a good time though, and lunch. Post a couple pics in a few, hunted after, and beat up this morning. Get off the couch soon and go get my camera.

Thanks Randy, Aaron is cutting with his sweet 272! And that is my 372 parked in the wood, that's some pine that was dead, we cut up some Oak earlier that morning. Got a few downed ones to cut, one is decent size, more to come:msp_biggrin:

Thanks Randy, Aaron is cutting with his sweet 272! And that is my 372 parked in the wood, that's some pine that was dead, we cut up some Oak earlier that morning. Got a few downed ones to cut, one is decent size, more to come:msp_biggrin:

Lookin' forward to some more pics. :msp_w00t:
Just about time for bed, 4am is coming fast. :msp_sleep: Are you still on the 2:30am "wake up call"? ;)
Have good week.

Hey Norm. Not sure if you noticed, but up on that hill we cut the downed oak on, there were two more large oaks that dropped limbs. Walking from where Sean parked his truck towards B's house, the first tree is right on the crest of the hill, and then next tree (which dropped a LOT of good wood from what I could see) is over the crest and down the hill (near the fence). I saw the second tree as I was driving out.

Good deal Randy, and no lately sleeping in till 4 am, much better than 230! Yeah Aaron I knew about the big one below betties, vut not the one uphill side. Figure be some more good cutting, can't wait! And maybe give the 750 a whirl!

Good deal Randy, and no lately sleeping in till 4 am, much better than 230! Yeah Aaron I knew about the big one below betties, vut not the one uphill side. Figure be some more good cutting, can't wait! And maybe give the 750 a whirl!

Norm,
looking forward to more of those good pics of some cutting. :msp_w00t:
I've been "locked in" on 4am for a looonnnggg time, it is a whole lot better than 2:30am. :dizzy:
Have a good week. Time to get ready for work, make coffee, put wood in the stove.....;)

Yes 4 am much better, I agree. Once my saws are all dialed back in, got some more cutting for Aaron, the gang and me!

Norm,
here's a few pics of that bar on my 385.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

.....I thought the woodshed would make a good background. :hmm3grin2orange:

Walkerized by the look of the muffler on it. Did you by any chance buy it from out west?

Walkerized by the look of the muffler on it. Did you by any chance buy it from out west?

The muffler, yes. The saw, unfortunately, no. :msp_sad:
Other than what I've put on, b&c, muffler, now a full wrap bar, it's stock. And a workhorse for sure. ;)
This was the general condition when I got it the year before last.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Time to get ready for work, put wood in the stove, make coffee.....:msp_sleep:

Last year I bid a job for a church and that job was tied to this job that To do this job at their cemetery. It was supposed to be done in the fall and after a few attempts to get them to remove The fence along the property. They called me this week and said fence was out and wanted it done before Saturday. They are doing the clean up. Then I go back to flush cut stumps and grind them out.
ata8ejav.jpg
7usu5ure.jpg
eheqa6a6.jpg
e9u4unah.jpg

Last edited:
People talk about dropping tree in A narrow area. Well I wanted this one double trunk tree on each side of the fence pole. Heres the proof
apaqe9y7.jpg

I will also add that this was the first time running the MS660 that Tree Monkey ported about a month ago:clap:

It did not disappoint at all. It pulls a 36" with great authority:rock:

Back