Three Cans of Husky Premix will make your saw last longer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikefunaro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Or so they say...

Husqvarna Extended Warranty Program

To extend the warranty by 1 year to a total of 3:
The consumer will need to take only 2 steps: First, the consumer must purchase at least 6 bottles of Husqvarna brand 2-stroke oil regardless of size at the same time as the product purchase and both purchases must be on the original product invoice/receipt. Second, the consumer must register their product online.*

To extend the warranty by 2 years to a total of 4 years:
The consumer will need to take only 2 steps: First, the consumer must purchase at least 3 bottles of the 32oz Husqvarna brand pre-mix fuel at the same time as the product purchase and both purchases must be on the original product invoice/receipt. Second, the consumer must register their product online.*

Not sure I totally understand the logic there...I'd make them buy more mix oil..but I guess they want the consumer to get a taste of that premium canned fuel...

That is not even a gallon. Plus I bet the stuff is 5-6 bucks a bottle.

my guess would be that its a point of sale addon that they will make a lot of money with. i think that most warranty issue would ave been taken care of within the first two years anyway. also somepeople dont likt to switch oils so if they start there saw out ruuning the xp oil they will likely continue.

what a hoot and at the cost of 5-6 clams per quart only rich folk got that kind of money.

:hmm3grin2orange:Hmmmm, perhaps Autotune won't fix it.

Sure does identify where they put all thier eggs though, did Husqvarna buy Amsoil recently? At the rate they are going Harbor Frieght will be thier next big vendor solution, free shipping coupon in Reader's Digest behind the Echo ad and at least the extended warranty will have some actual value.

Last edited:
Normally I would never consider buying an extended warranty. But only having to buy 3 quarts of the pre mix to get a 4 year warranty might be worth it. My 550XPG is supposed to get here March 31 and I will definitely consider this. :msp_biggrin:

The fuel cans will be great for re use when packing into the woods and traveling lite.:D

Normally I would never consider buying an extended warranty. But only having to buy 3 quarts of the pre mix to get a 4 year warranty might be worth it. My 550XPG is supposed to get here March 31 and I will definitely consider this. :msp_biggrin:

The fuel cans will be great for re use when packing into the woods and traveling lite.:D

Just in time for the warm weather??

I put in for one too one they arrive (the 550 xpgs)...wish it was a bit earlier though...

Just in time for the warm weather??

I put in for one too one they arrive (the 550 xpgs)...wish it was a bit earlier though...

Isn't that the truth. Come April the golf courses will be opening up and I won't be cutting much wood. I ran a buddy of mine's 550XPG and it was sweet. It held it's own with his ported and very strong 346. That demo convinced me.

Sounds like a money grab to me. No thanks keep your warranty and pre-mix fuel.

Of course it is a money grab, but sure seems like a real cheap way to double the warranty........Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........Seems like Stihl did this with Ultra oil and people couldn't say enough about it.

3 quarts of fuel is laughable, you could burn that up in one heavy day of cutting by myself.

Of course it is a money grab, but sure seems like a real cheap way to double the warranty........

Smart marketing , you sell the product and sell the add on to get the warranty , then you roll the dice that most consumers are lazy when it come to registering product so no extended warranty .

3 quarts of fuel is laughable, you could burn that up in one heavy day of cutting by myself.

You've not run an 066 for an hour blocking big firewood LOL You'll need more than that .

I'd gladly do it, under $20 for that much more warranty, why not? Sure, most issues will surface in the first year with heavy use but, if they want to make it four years for an extra $15 or whatever I'm going to follow along. I've actually bought 4 quarts of that stuff (well, trufuel) in the last 3 months for various reasons so whatever, not a big deal.

I just don't really see the point of it. One of these manufacturers, I think it was shindaiwa, would give you an extended warranty, even pros, but they had to buy like a case of oil. That may be overkill. But to me, making a person buy a lot of oil with fuel stabilizer--enough that they will use that oil for quite a while--would be better than a few quarts of premixed fuel.

Perhaps husky, however, has data on how much fuel the average homeowner uses in like a strimmer or something like that and then this is based in something.

My problem is generally when I'm using equipment I'm using it for at least a few gallons but for a relatively short period of time. Typically with a brush cutter or something like that I'm going to do brush for a few weeks in the summer, I'm going to burn 3-4 gallons through my machine, and then I'll put it up until the next year.

Same thing with my 3120. On my mill, it's very easy to run through 2-3 gallons in a day....

They have their reasons and it's not a big deal, i Just think the distinction and extra time given for quarts of fuel versus the oil doesn't make any sense.

In 16 years of tree work i've never had to take a saw in for warranty work.

Nope scratch that.... i did have to last year twice on the 562xp once for a bad carb and once for autotune problem all in the first week after it was fixed i sent it down the road.

Last edited:
My dealer told me that that offer does not apply to any "Pro" saws. I bought my 562XP and only got a 6 month warranty with no option to extend it.

My dealer told me that that offer does not apply to any "Pro" saws. I bought my 562XP and only got a 6 month warranty with no option to extend it.

After seeing the OP's first post earlier, I had the same question and so did some research on the XP saws...

Your dealer is choosing to interpret the warranty incorrectly, UNLESS for: "...commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial and rental usage types". XP saws come with a 2 year warranty when used for "for non-income producing personal use or household purposes"

For instance, 346XP Warranty Period.

So, one IS entitled to the extended warranty offer if they buy the XP saw(s) with the oil/premix at the same time, so it's shown ON THE SAME INVOICE, then also register with Husqvarna...., UNLESS the saw will be used for "commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial or rental" IF for any of these uses, then yes, the warranty remains the standard 6 months for commercial/professional use.

After seeing the OP's first post earlier, I had the same question and so did some research on the XP saws...

Your dealer is choosing to interpret the warranty incorrectly, UNLESS for: "...commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial and rental usage types". XP saws come with a 2 year warranty when used for "for non-income producing personal use or household purposes"

For instance, 346XP Warranty Period.

So, one IS entitled to the extended warranty offer if they buy the XP saw(s) with the oil/premix at the same time, so it's shown ON THE SAME INVOICE, then also register with Husqvarna...., UNLESS the saw will be used for "commercial, agricultural, retail, industrial or rental" IF for any of these uses, then yes, the warranty remains the standard 6 months for commercial/professional use.

No.

Warranty - I want to buy one of the Husqvarna "XP" saws how long is the warranty?

However, for 2013 I believe this was changed again to a 1 year warranty for non-commercial use.

Latest posts

Back