Three things wrong with the Holzaforma saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why arw threads like this started? It's the same story we all know so well. I mean I get it, I'm stuck at work, bored as heck, and its snowing gobs out. But to rehash the same thing for the 5millionth time, doesnt change the fact that weve discussed this extensively.

1. I don't think I ever participated in any of the 5 million previous posts.
2. I was a little bored.
3. I just felt like it.
4. Maybe it should be: performance, longevity and resale.
Bored. Come here. You can help dig out my Fxxxing car.
Wet snow blowing @30mph. Nice ice coating.
Just cant bring myself to go out there.
GodDm Chinese mfer's

You could try building an FT 660 -- start from scratch. But, FarmerTec has shut down deliveries for a few weeks, something about a Chinese New Year celebration.
The Blue ones have a better track record, most issues are related to the boat ride over, some get beat up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

The Blue ones have a better track record, most issues are related to the boat ride over, some get beat up.

Reason I mentioned this is because a tree service company started building one from scratch and gave up. They called me on an SOS msssion to "Save Our Saw". I had to strip down about half the parts they had put together and almost start over. To make a long story short, this FT660 is now assembled and runs OK. Not easy, but I know you and others here could have done the same service. I think they never dreamed the effort or skill level required, especially since no manual or directions were in the shipping carton.

Back in 1992 one of my workers broke the carb off my woodsplitter...a 6.5 hp Tecumseh...A new replacement carb was $165...1992 dollars. Today I keep three small block Tecumseh carbs and three big block carbs in stock for snowblowers, rototillers and such at a cost to me of $12 each.....I wouldn't be fixing stuff now if I had to pay OEM prices for parts....the stuff I fix isn't worth the cost of the OEM parts I'm fixing it with. we all ***** about China quality and yada yada yada.....but realistically, all the tractors, snowblowers ,chainsaws, pressure washers, weed trimmers, and leaf blowers I fix and put into service would be in the landfill id we didn't have the cheap Chinese parts. Buy them or not....it doesn't make a difference to me...are they as good as OEM...NO, But are they good enough...YES....

Why arw threads like this started? It's the same story we all know so well. I mean I get it, I'm stuck at work, bored as heck, and its snowing gobs out. But to rehash the same thing for the 5millionth time, doesnt change the fact that weve discussed this extensively.
Freedom of speech is why...
That will disappear and you will not have a choice period

Reason I mentioned this is because a tree service company started building one from scratch and gave up. They called me on an SOS msssion to "Save Our Saw". I had to strip down about half the parts they had put together and almost start over. To make a long story short, this FT660 is now assembled and runs OK. Not easy, but I know you and others here could have done the same service. I think they never dreamed the effort or skill level required, especially since no manual or directions were in the shipping carton.
I definitely want to build a few from a pile of parts, just for the fun of it. But the kits quality seems lower

Local guy sold me this for 200 bones. All OEM including a new top end. I guess I could tear it all the way down and then re-build it... I've got other stories too. Once you make up your mind not to build junk you'll be amazed how easy it is to do it right.

Only snowflakes whine about what they "can't" do. Get out and pound pavement. Get creative. Tons of non-running Oh Pee Eee out there to mess with.

These "repairmen" using China **** to fix other people's equipment are probably the same ones blaming the end user and ethanol when the stuff comes back.20201109_185436.jpg

Local guy sold me this for 200 bones. All OEM including a new top end. I guess I could tear it all the way down and then re-build it... I've got other stories too. Once you make up your mind not to build junk you'll be amazed how easy it is to do it right.

Only snowflakes whine about what they "can't" do. Get out and pound pavement. Get creative. Tons of non-running Oh Pee Eee out there to mess with.

These "repairmen" using China **** to fix other people's equipment are probably the same ones blaming the end user and ethanol when the stuff comes back.View attachment 889264
Yeah cause ethanol and user error is never the case

Latest posts

Back