Three things wrong with the Holzaforma saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps a case could be made for the "rip-off" by the dominant manufacturers due to questionable quality control, designs, and restrictions regulated by the epa subsequently resulting in major machine failures and malfunctions which have cost many users dearly in recent (and perhaps not so recent) years. The tactic of blaming users for most failures is inexcusable, imo.

Supporting chinese manufacturing is nearly unavoidable in these times. Since they dominate high tech component manufacturing, maybe we should all refuse to buy products that are filled with many unnecessary electronics. Like appliances, or vehicles, or controls..alternatives are available for these things. Better alternatives.

I've been patiently waiting for some 372 xp's that are basket cases to show up my way...that is one saw I'd love to dig into. I wouldn't buy a aftermarket one, not because of any reason other then I've got my 266xp which has always tackled any tree with ease I've come across in South East Mass. Now if a free blue saw came my way down the road, I'd love to tear into it.

Red it seems like you are the guy who, might be in a prison camp with a bunch of fellow Americans, and tell us
"Hey these guys aren't so bad. Tell them what they want to hear"
Well maybe not that bad but really you defend the aftermarket a little to much.
I played the *only oem/only American* flute for years and all i found was declining oem quality with ever inflating prices. Hurricane season rolls around i can order briggs generator carbs for about 15 bucks each and 99% of them work as good as oem, i can help alot of people get up and going for far less money than using oem. Briggs push mower carb...60 shipped for oem or 9.00 shipped for aftermarket..both made in china.

People aren't loyal like years ago, they've been played too many times for too many years by being loyal

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

If a free blue saw came my way I'd fill the case and jug with ammonium nitrate mixed with aluminum dust and feed it a green tip.
Do you buy aluminum powder or do you grind aluminum foil in a coffee grinder? I have thought about making some but I haven't done it yet.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I played the *only oem/only American* flute for years and all i found was declining oem quality with ever inflating prices. Hurricane season rolls around i can order briggs generator carbs for about 15 bucks each and 99% of them work as good as oem, i can help alot of people get up and going for far less money than using oem. Briggs push mower carb...60 shipped for oem or 9.00 shipped for aftermarket..both made in china.

People aren't loyal like years ago, they've been played too many times for too many years by being loyal

This comparison is completely out of context. Briggs does not make ****** chainsaws.

This comparison is completely out of context. Briggs does not make ****** chainsaws.
Does Holzfforma? Im 4 for 4 on them...better than the luck ive had with new briggs engines, 1 dropped valve at 2 minutes and 1 carb screw into a piston at 45 minutes, out of 6 new briggs engines in 3 years. Ive never had a problem with a chinese engine...hell my new splitter has a 7hp Chinese briggs on it and i love it

Does Holzfforma? Im 4 for 4 on them...better than the luck ive had with new briggs engines, 1 dropped valve at 2 minutes and 1 carb screw into a piston at 45 minutes, out of 6 new briggs engines in 3 years. Ive never had a problem with a chinese engine...hell my new splitter has a 7hp Chinese briggs on it and i love it

Some people think everything from China is junk. There is some quality stuff and crappy stuff made in China just as there is here in America.

Some people think everything from China is junk. There is some quality stuff and crappy stuff made in China just as there is here in America.

Indeed. I hated on Chinese stuff for a long time but...yeah some is trash, some is decently well made.

What's the blue 200s that I haven't seen a single positive report go for? I paid $150 for this trunk load of all OEM. That's a 390xp in the box. I'll let y'all do the maths on this one.

Attachments

• 20200514_130020.jpg
    20200514_130020.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 16
If a free blue saw came my way I'd fill the case and jug with ammonium nitrate mixed with aluminum dust and feed it a green tip.
LOL thats how I feel about the newer Mac's.......40 years ago the Agricultural High School I taught at got rid of a ton of ammonium nitrite fertilizer that rats were getting into and they were afraid it would catch fire, so I took it home. I used it as fertilizer, but I wish I had kept a few bags to mix with fuel oil.....

What's the blue 200s that I haven't seen a single positive report go for? I paid $150 for this trunk load of all OEM. That's a 390xp in the box. I'll let y'all do the maths on this one.
The 200T clone? They go for about 175 on sale unless you buy in bulk they go for a bit less. Ive only gotten to run 1 and it started the same as oem, pulled the 16" as easy as one would expect. Havent seen any complaints in any of the fb groups from owners, just people who have never seen or run one and have their heads in the sand with blind hate.

The 200T clone? They go for about 175 on sale unless you buy in bulk they go for a bit less. Ive only gotten to run 1 and it started the same as oem, pulled the 16" as easy as one would expect. Havent seen any complaints in any of the fb groups from owners, just people who have never seen or run one and have their heads in the sand with blind hate.

Quality:laughing:upload_2018-9-20_20-34-57.png

Latest posts

Back