Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAYBE SO.. But what about Jonsered?????

Well to start with Mr Fisher......all the above mentioned saws were Jonsereds.....not Jonsered.....BIG difference...and that company is long gone...asymilated by the Borgsavarnas.....however sales linger...and Jonsered is still somewhat different than Husky...minor though the differences be..more to some ...less to others....

NO ****!!!!

But that has nothing to do with what we are talking about!!!!!

Sure, I get where you are coming from but the old Jonsereds is where the loyalty started. And the loyalty is still there not only because Husky still gives us pro saws in red but because our old 70's saws will still hold their own alongside the new ones and so many of us still run them.

Well to start with Mr Fisher......all the above mentioned saws were Jonsereds.....not Jonsered.....BIG difference...and that company is long gone...asymilated by the Borgsavarnas.....however sales linger...and Jonsered is still somewhat different than Husky...minor though the differences be..more to some ...less to others....

OK, let us explore this....

So there are 2 entities? They have no association which each other??????

Yes, we need to expound on this if we purport to be the "CHAINSAW' forum!!!!

I may be wrong, could easily be.

But know full well why I rejected Tilton!!!!!!!

Correct me for the forum, I am cool with that, I have been here long enough, and have been corrected here enough.

Seriously, no animosity at all. It is all good baby!!

LOL!! The "Sting" of the price is relieved quickly buy the soothing quality of the purchase............That's what I tell myself........works usually.....unless the wife finds out......then the "Sting" is eternal........

Exactly...........and there ain't no way I could hide an expenditure of that magnitude. That's the main reason why I haven't gone to my bud's shop to get caught up. I'm sure I'd be spending mucho $$$. Daddy needs a new brushcutter............and certainly could use a new saw. The CFO wouldn't see it that way however...:msp_thumbdn:

So the remaining "JONSERED" entity has little or nothing to do with the company of the 70,s/80.s??????

Why didn't you just say so?? I dismissed the company in the early 1980s because they didn't have a clue..

They are now just an absortion af all of the other brands, so there is no fight.....

Unless someone from Tilton has grown some cahones!!!!

OK, let us explore this....

So there are 2 entities? They have no association which each other??????

Yes, we need to expound on this if we purport to be the "CHAINSAW' forum!!!!

I may be wrong, could easily be.

But know full well why I rejected Tilton!!!!!!!

Correct me for the forum, I am cool with that, I have been here long enough, and have been corrected here enough.

Seriously, no animosity at all. It is all good baby!!

Yes.... two entities...no association.....Jonsereds were state of the art when Husqvarna chainsaws were just coming to be. Both bought up by E-Lux who decided that Husqvarna would be the flag bearer.....took all the best of ALL the brands bought and folded them into the husqvarna chainsaw....then Husqvarna recreated Jonsered in their own image...just in red...with a different top handle and a few other quirks to keep the brands somewhat seperate but still using as much tooling/dies as possible to drop production costs of both....And I wasn't correcting you as much as pointing out the differences.....especialy in a timeline....

So the remaining "JONSERED" entity has little or nothing to do with the company of the 70,s/80.s??????

I wouldn put it that way, the change have developed over time, and the "red thread" back to 1954 still is there.
Actually it goes a little further back, to part production for the Norwegian Comet saws, before those saws were developed into the first Jonsereds saws.
As far as I know, the Jonsered factory still exist, they just haven't made any chainsaws for a couple of decades.

Why didn't you just say so?? I dismissed the company in the early 1980s because they didn't have a clue..

They are now just an absortion af all of the other brands, so there is no fight.....

Unless someone from Tilton has grown some cahones!!!!

LOL!! It was said......Jonsereds.....Jonsered......two different names....

As far as the early 1980's goes......I too, wrote the entire Jonsereds company off......the 4XX series (except the 451 and 490) and all the 5XX series (except the 590) were not worth a ****...killed the brand up here. Lots of pulp wood guys bought them being told they were the upgraded 49SP/52/52E.....lighter, more powerful only slightly more expensive......a good one would last a month.....less good ones..a week....hard life...a pulp saw.....a lot of the 49s, 52 and 621s are still running from back then....used to go to the dump on Sunday morning...was always 4-5 of those 510, 525, 535 saws on the dump....the crows wouldn't even drag them off for parts...all the same stuff was broken...jonserds would not go good for toasted pistons....dealers were between a rock and a hard spot......no warranty back up from Tilton and mad woodboogers.......The brand disappeared in a yr or two....

Well, Echo and Shindaiwa are part of a common company now. I know that they make some big saws, but mostly see them in landscaping use. Still, good Japanese engineering, the right marketing (think Toyota, Honda, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic), and a support network could really get them a big part of the intermediate market that now buys Husqvarna.

Makita and Dolmar - I hear good things about (and I know that there are some dealers and users following this thread), but doesn't seem to have the dealer network. They could also give a reborn Jonsered a run for their money if they choose to compete.

I know that Homelight and McCulloch still benefit from strong name recognition, even though they are not the same saws as those that build those reputations. Names like Jonsered, Partner, and Pioneer were not ones that I had heard of until I 'got into' chainsaws, so I am not sure how they will do with a mass market appeal. Jonsered in TSC sounds surprising to me. I would have put Poulan or McCulloch there.

Philbert

im a jonsered owner,,i buy one a year. i will not buy husqvarna if jonsered is discontinued here. i will go back to an axe! i choose jonsered over husky because this local husqvarna dealer is crap! i mean bad service, bad prices and worse warranty. hope husky thinks this thru very good. gm would suffer terribly from discontinuing gmc even though there models are alike . same in this situation.

All brands have some bad dealers...

Well, Echo and Shindaiwa are part of a common company now. I know that they make some big saws, but mostly see them in landscaping use. Still, good Japanese engineering, the right marketing (think Toyota, Honda, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic), and a support network could really get them a big part of the intermediate market that now buys Husqvarna.

The sad thing is that Japanese chainsaw engineering is very far from the level you refer to - and I don't really understand why that is....:givebeer:

Makita and Dolmar - I hear good things about (and I know that there are some dealers and users following this thread), but doesn't seem to have the dealer network. They could also give a reborn Jonsered a run for their money if they choose to compete.

I know that Homelight and McCulloch still benefit from strong name recognition, even though they are not the same saws as those that build those reputations. Names like Jonsered, Partner, and Pioneer were not ones that I had heard of until I 'got into' chainsaws, so I am not sure how they will do with a mass market appeal. Jonsered in TSC sounds surprising to me. I would have put Poulan or McCulloch there.

Philbert

Do people here (or anywhere) always downgrade their perception of a product if it is sold in a box store?

I get that there's a case to be made for selling product in dealers only; however, in huskys case, I don't think all that much less of Husqvarna just because they sell in Lowes. Selling a few low price point models in lowes doesn't make them crap. Think about all the departments in a lowes or HD...plenty of them still have good to excellent products from top manufacturers. Purdy and Wooster paint brushes, Schluter european tile underlayments, Makita, Dewalt, Delta. Just because you sell a limited offering of your product in a box store, doesn't mean everything you make is crap. At least in my book. Whether or not the dealers are cool with this is another story.

Mother orange will do what makes the most sense when speaking $$$ on the bottom line. That's just what happens, choice A = $$, choice B = $, choice C = $$$$$$$, pretty obvious they go with choice C no matter what it is.

That goes for any manufacturer.

Back