Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolmar? :msp_biggrin:

Haha! Wouldn't think so. For one thing, Dolmar doesn't need to be tested cause everybody already knows they run good.

Plus, they'd never offer a Dolmar program as good as what the guys are getting now. Dealers would be dropping the line faster than they could sign them up.

Haha! Wouldn't think so. For one thing, Dolmar doesn't need to be tested cause everybody already knows they run good.

Plus, they'd never offer a Dolmar program as good as what the guys are getting now. Dealers would be dropping the line faster than they could sign them up.

I can imagine that! :D

Tthat lady from efco had that thread here asking for ideas, meaning they want to increase sales, so looking for new distribution as well, so that will be my bet here what they pick up for a new line.

If it's being EPA tested, it's gotta be something completely different. So...Chinese something? As has been said, why? It aint goin to sell.

Bingo,but I heard it's Euro,which make you think Alpina.But given the circumstances of their leave taking last time I really doubt it.Something from Eastern Europe perhaps?

That lady from efco had that thread here asking for ideas, meaning they want to increase sales, so looking for new distribution as well, so that will be my bet here what they pick up for a new line.

I think along the same lines - if I had to make a guess I would say Efco or Oleo-Mac at this point - but who really cares anyway?....:msp_confused:

Last edited:
Tthat lady from efco had that thread here asking for ideas, meaning they want to increase sales, so looking for new distribution as well, so that will be my bet here what they pick up for a new line.
Talking to my local Efco dealer, he says current Efco distro is MUCH better than Tilton, so I think it would be a step BACK, at least to him. He says Efco terms are the best he get, which helps keep them well stocked, versus what Jreds were.

Talking to my local Efco dealer, he says current Efco distro is MUCH better than Tilton, so I think it would be a step BACK, at least to him. He says Efco terms are the best he get, which helps keep them well stocked, versus what Jreds were.

I agree. Plus I suspect that Efco has grown market share since they parted with Tilton, so I really doubt they'd give the brand back to Tilton.

But.............since we're all taking wild guesses here, there's another variation that hasn't been mentioned yet. They could have someone private label saws for them and create their own brand, and Efco would be one possibility. They were happy to make saws for John Deere and Cub Cadet, so they have done that sort of thing before. And Tilton does like to create their own brands. They've done it with the Total bars and chain, and also with pressure washers, commercial mowers, and a couple other things.

I agree. Plus I suspect that Efco has grown market share since they parted with Tilton, so I really doubt they'd give the brand back to Tilton.

But.............since we're all taking wild guesses here, there's another variation that hasn't been mentioned yet. They could have someone private label saws for them and create their own brand, and Efco would be one possibility. They were happy to make saws for John Deere and Cub Cadet, so they have done that sort of thing before. And Tilton does like to create their own brands. They've done it with the Total bars and chain, and also with pressure washers, commercial mowers, and a couple other things.

Replace Efco with Emak in that statement, and I would agree! :givebeer:

Finally got my dealer program from PACE today. Titled Fall 2013......all models listed.

Also found the full consumer line-up at my local TSC-along with a 2166 on display.

Got mine on Saturday. They made it easy for me to figure what to stock. The TSC's locally are stocking the "Home Owner/Land Owner" saws (2238 - 2255). Like that they made "Professional Series" power head only except for the 2139T. A lot fewer items in the line up. Only trimmer is the combi unit (GC2128C). Kept three brush cutters. One hand held blower and one backpack blower. Pace rep is talking me into going with RedMax for trimmers, blowers and a couple of the unique to RedMax chainsaws.

Back