Time to Burn One!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brnchbrkr

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to all you enablers.

Going to hit aound 32F tonight.

Only have an Lopi insert, but she has been called back into duty.

Let the season begin!

ahh the fan just kicked in... ;-)

Last edited:
The wife thinks she's cold when it's 65 in the house... I'm sure we'll "burn one" this evening as well as tomorrow. Time for a fire and football. Doesn't get much better:givebeer:

The wife thinks she's cold when it's 65 in the house... I'm sure we'll "burn one" this evening as well as tomorrow. Time for a fire and football. Doesn't get much better:givebeer:

I hear you. My wife was "cold" going to bed last night at 71* in our room. It was 67* this morning, I was wondering if I should look for signs of exposure. :dizzy:

I just got home and fired up the insert, 39° and raining. Me and her and no kids, defiantly going to heat up the family room.

later,

Hey breaker, where abouts are you in N Illinois? I'm northeast of Rockford and they have a frost advisory for west of Rockford. I just finished loading up the boiler for the night! I sure did miss the smell wood burning.

Our OWB has not been placed on its new pad yet, as a result were using the oven to take the chill out of the air this eve, I hope to have it back up and running early next week.

Low of 40 here tonight in central Kansas, we will survive, LOL. But its time to sweep the chimney, and get things ready. I have super nice wood stack this year of ash, mulberry, hedge, and a little oak, all been seasoning in the sun since last winter. Probably 5 cords, thats a good headstart!

Happy burning and be safe everyone!

Yeah I cranked up the stove too. Just a nice little fire. This morning the bedroom was 69 degrees. Not too hot, not too cold.

Woke up to 38 degrees outside and had to lite it up for the first time this year. I knew what was going to happen if the wife got out of bed before the fire was blazin, she'd go straight for the thermostat and kick the natural gas furnace on. The sound of that thing makes me want to puke.

Oh how I wish I had a stove. We are trying to limit our use of the natural gas furnace. I had to jump up and light a fire in the fireplace. We are huddled in the family room sipping coffee and watching the fire.

I had to turn the oven back on, :dizzy:Going to have coffee, and try to get the furnace room completed so we can have some heat!

Hey breaker, where abouts are you in N Illinois? I'm northeast of Rockford and they have a frost advisory for west of Rockford. I just finished loading up the boiler for the night! I sure did miss the smell wood burning.

Not too far from you. Out by Marengo.

Oh how I wish I had a stove. We are trying to limit our use of the natural gas furnace. I had to jump up and light a fire in the fireplace. We are huddled in the family room sipping coffee and watching the fire.

Hearing you talk about the fireplace reminded me of getting the stove for this house. I've burned firewood exclusively in our first house for the entire 8 years we were there, but this house we moved into 15 years ago only had a heatilator fireplace. The best thing that happened was when that log rolled off of the fire and broke the glass door (non-airtight). There's now an 80% efficient EPA insert in there, but that fireplace ate through some wood! It would only raise the house 1 degree F per hour. Now we can raise the house 7F per hour (2-story).

Have had my stove for 8 yrs now. Heats up livingroom and kitchen area well.
Went with a dealer in Rockfod.

Does not get the heat to the bedrooms though. Once you start down this road it is hard to turn back. ;-)

http://www.bensonstone.com/fireplaces/stoves.html

Now the downside is I get barked at that it is too hot in these rooms, just this morning...But the upside is she is still wearing short shorts as she is complaining! ;-)

Latest posts

Back