Titan 200 gear box? side cover removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 173547

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding info on this old saw, been sitting for 40+ years I finally decided to tackle it. My late dad found it over 40 years ago when he was working for the highway department in Nevada. Too bad I had it under a tarp on the ground for two years about 15 years ago. :( I see the gear box isn't removalable by taking the clamp off, that seemed the way to get to part of the gear box. The side cover to the gear box doesn't want to cooperate either. Just ordered a manual off of the bay. I tried knocking the cover loose last night, using some wood between my hammer and the saw. Using some Channelock type pliers, I was finally able to grab the sprocket and barely able to rotate it. Gummy oil or rust?
I have a few saws, past saws were a Stihl 032 and my late Pioneer P51. Current saws include a Stihl MS440 and a small Homelite arborist type saw I collect very old stoves, lantern, lamps. Retired.
Just here to get info on fixing a few things or how to dismantle them. Recoil doesn't want to retract so have heard there is a flat spring in there somewhere in the handle.
Thank you for any help.
Duane
IMG_6374_opt.jpg
IMG_6376_opt.jpg
IMG_6373_opt.jpg

Got the cover off, bearing was stiff, but got it to move. Need a puller now, so off with the saw to the shop, maybe they can fix the recoil too. Really gummy grease.
Duane

Adjusted the points, then figured out how I could check for a spark with the recoil not rewinding. Old plug sparks. On to the next issue.
Duane

Latest posts

Back