To sell or not to sell that's what's on my mind?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought a real nice early Stihl 066 Red Light last year and a nice 034 Super this spring and just don't find myself using them at all. With the two Dolmars I find myself with penty of saw for the jobs I do. I did pick up a mill also but think the 7901 will work fine on it, if I ever use it. Thinking of sending them on there way to fill the gun/saw fund unless you guys change my mind. I do have two properties and thought about leaving the Stihls at one and the Dolmars at the other but some how just see them getting stolen or miss used by others!

Hard to part with certain saws. To keep or sell is always a dilemma with me.

Post them for what you need to get out of them and see if you get any bites. If they sell they sell if not then you still have them but have to find another way to build up the gun/saw fund

MMM..you said you had a mill, the 066 stihl should fit there. And if either of your dolmars go down, you would have a handy backup saw in the 034. Or keep that one stashed at the other property, properly very well hidden.

4 saws is just not that many to own really, think about selling some off when you have like 14 saws...then decide.

If you think you'll be serious about milling keep the 066. If not sell them and buy guns. There will always be saws to buy when you need one.

I really don't see the mill getting used much if at all, just came a cross it at the right price and why wouldn't the Makita work on it. You make a good point about back up saws but I don't cut to make a living and have other heating options so could be down for awhile and what is the chance both Dolmars going down at the same time? Also it always seems to be extras on the shelves as I do buy and sell some but these 4 became my favorites. As far as buying guns with saw money, it seems saws aren't under the "gun" right now!!

Watcha looking to get out of them?

I live 036's (034 Super).. :msp_thumbup:

And never had an 066. Had a 395xp for a short time. But I go through Saws like I do socks :cool2:

Post up some info. Or PM.

I sat on my garage stool for an hour tonight trying to determine which saw I should sell. I finally put them all away and said I'll try again tomorrow.

Simple.Sell the ones you don't use.I went through this last winter.Opened up the gun safe and the stuff I didn't shoot left.If I told you some of the pieces that went you'd cry.But if you don't shoot 243's,38's or 357's or reach for them when something goes bump in the night why have them?I did the same thing with some tools I haven't used in 15 years,now some other guy is dang glad to have them.

A new gun is always nice......... ;) but then again so is a saw. Depends on what you enjoy more and need more. I for one am trying to stock pile both and lots of ammo and pre mix. When the swiss invade or the zombies get loose we will be slinging lead and dropin trees on their ass :hmm3grin2orange:

She is just so hot and hard to get rid of......good condition hell of a runner!

307882d1356996453-uploadfromtaptalk1356996464113-jpg

Same goes for the 034 but just doesn't have the eye pop if you know what I mean!
307881d1371479010-img_0072-jpg

View attachment 307881View attachment 307882

Last edited:
Not sure what wood sells for in your area, but that 066 could cut you some cords pretty fast. Sell the wood, now you have your money plus get to keep the saw.

You can sell tools to make money, or use the tools to make money.....

I will also point out the universal law of natural occurrences..the next week after you (theoretically) sell the 066, you will encounter a situation that needs a 90 cc saw and a big bar....

Of course you could always just CL offer it for swap for boom/bang, see what offers you get, if that is your preference. no need to always think in terms of "money".

Me, if I had a mill, and a 90, I would keep the 90 for the mill, just sayin.

Not sure what wood sells for in your area, but that 066 could cut you some cords pretty fast. Sell the wood, now you have your money plus get to keep the saw.

You can sell tools to make money, or use the tools to make money.....

I will also point out the universal law of natural occurrences..the next week after you (theoretically) sell the 066, you will encounter a situation that needs a 90 cc saw and a big bar....

Of course you could always just CL offer it for swap for boom/bang, see what offers you get, if that is your preference. no need to always think in terms of "money".

Me, if I had a mill, and a 90, I would keep the 90 for the mill, just sayin.

Well you make some good points but I see it this way on the tool and time side....how many hammers does it take to drive a nail, sure you might need a 20oz for a few nails but the 16oz you have will do it! I think I work enough at wood for my own uses and love/want to spend more time with my wife and 3 sons, which we all enjoy shooting and wood. 50 and 80cc saws is really all I think I would ever need except for the wow factor of others when you pull out a saw with a 36" bar!! I thought about the trade thing and might just throw it out there and see what people have. If I sell for "money" I can order what I want! As far as the mill I see a few outdoor benches getting made and not much more, even though one place is solid oaks, hickory, and walnut!

Well my Glock 26 G4 came in and my fund is dry....plus a new truck and accessories....thinking hard! Maybe I need some pictures of the truck, gun, and saws?

Sent from my XT881

Latest posts

Back