Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I is are done reckoning dat dis heer threed is a good'un... :ices_rofl:

Anything else to say MeowCussWadspitter? :jester:

Just a quicky mainly for the benefit of Rick. I fitted a Husky roller chain catcher to my 7900 the other week and forgot to post photos. The spikes I rigged up to fit it ages ago are Husky HD and they were as hard as all hell. After moving house I haven't been able to find my ARTU bits to drill any high tensile steel so gave a carbide tile/glass drill a go. I have a new friend :) It absolutely chewed through the spike but had to be careful not to bust it up on breakthrough.
This roller catcher setup clears noodles way better than the old setup - I've heard 7900's called "Noodle Monsters" before but to be honest they're the worst saws I own for clearing noodles...

010720111343.jpg

010720111344.jpg

010720111345.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up on a roller guide. I mentioned in the Aussie thread about possibly using longer spikes to help keep the clutch cleared of noodles, but after looking at the distances required I figured I would loose too much useable bar length.

Then I spotted the lower bolt that attached the spikes. Hmm, maybe something could be constructed at that point to clear the noodles. I was thinking through several permutations of 'blocks' and the like, but didn't like the physics if it took an impact by the chain. I never considered a roller chain guide. I think that could be do-able.

Thanks Matt.

Thanks Terry :cheers:

Matt, which Husky model ? 390 ?

and is it normally mounted in double shear, or only single shear as you've done above ?

Hi mate. These are simply the OEM Husky HD double spike kit that fit the 365-390 models. Nothing fancy but the 2nd best set of spikes I've used behind the stock MS660 spikes.

Back